Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a gtx 570 and I wanted to overclock it. My question is do i enable 'unlock voltage monitor'? What does that do?

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by derickwm
View Post

I would not do that if I were you... I believe the 590's along with the 570's have vrm problems. Adding voltage could fry your card. Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's what I've heard.

He's right do not do it! leave it alone if u fry ur card they wont swap it (voids warrenty)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh this setting isnt for increasing voltage though there are two settings. One being Unlock voltage control which lets you change the voltage but i was wondering what 'voltage monitoring' was

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,924 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZixacunX
View Post

oh this setting isnt for increasing voltage though there are two settings. One being Unlock voltage control which lets you change the voltage but i was wondering what 'voltage monitoring' was

Unlocking voltage monitoring allows you to see the actual current voltage in the green & black graph over on the right (but of course, you have to enable the that specific graph).

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

Unlocking voltage monitoring allows you to see the actual current voltage in the green & black graph over on the right (but of course, you have to enable the that specific graph).

So i dont have to enable that right?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,924 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZixacunX
View Post

So i dont have to enable that right?

If you want to be able to see the current voltage, then enable it. If it doesn't matter to you, then leave it disabled.

Either way, it makes no difference to anything. To be honest, I don't even understand why they have that as an option. I mean, it should always be enabled so that you don't have to enable it just to see the current voltage when overclocking.

• Rep+
Reactions: ZixacunX

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

If you want to be able to see the current voltage, then enable it. If it doesn't matter to you, then leave it disabled.

Either way, it makes no difference to anything.

thx reped

·
Registered
27 Posts
be very cautious if you want to overclock the 570, find out as much info of your cards brand first, specifically the power phases and vrm cooling, there seems to be a bit of a risk with reference cards, maybe it was or is a bad batch and some of us were unlucky

just be careful

1 - 9 of 9 Posts