Overclock.net banner

1041 - 1060 of 1212 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
The Unify-X A10T test BIOS is dated newer than the non-beta A1 on the website. Same for the Godlike BIOS, the test has a newer date.

Is it a newer BIOS release?

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Unify-X A10T test BIOS is dated newer than the non-beta A1 on the website. Same for the Godlike BIOS, the test has a newer date.

Is it a newer BIOS release?
I flashed that bios once no changes regarding stability, then when I tried to flash it later, it bricked, had to bios flashback twice.
Dunno why.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That coil whine is HUGE. :( 2.1 rev here... It's even whistles! on every copy test in Cache and Memory Benchmark on AIDA64 (those whistles is almost funny). It's bearable on desktop but really loud in games even in Dark Base 900 fully closed doors. Crazy, it's just crazy. Will return this board and I'm not sure at all will I take another chance with Unify-X...

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
B&H Photo has the Unify-X in stock. Hoping to get mine end of this week, I ordered it on Jan. 15th. :)

Edit: Just saw the post above mine.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I flashed that bios once no changes regarding stability, then when I tried to flash it later, it bricked, had to bios flashback twice.
Dunno why.
I get exactly one WHEA error with the release BIOS on OCCT Extreme preset, Large Data.

Get none with the test BIOS.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tested the latest bios on Unify-X posted by Young.

2000 fCLK 1:1 still WHEAS but much less than any other bios. Another thing I noticed is 2000 fCLK is more stable than 1933 or 1966.

VSOC on my specific kit/board doesn't scale past 1.15V, VDDG IOD on this BIOS stops scalling past 1V and scales only between 0.9 and 1V. Higher or lower either doesn't boot/post or introduces more instability. Same for SOC. Boots at 1.1V albeit slow, lower takes too long and introduces instability, past 1.15V instability increases and at 1.2V+ it's worse.

More and more convinced this is down to chip silicon rather than AGESA.

Also on this AGESA, still hardcapped at 200 MHz on PBO however, this time, it works fine at adds 200 Mhz over 4.85 Ghz normal boost of the 5800X so that means it now boosts to 5050 Mhz instead of 5025 previously.

Same CO settings seem to apply, from my testing. Scoring +700 points on CPU-Z single thread on my daily OS.

·
Registered
602 Posts
It's Windows 10, but a full Windows 10 backup image made with Macrium Reflect Free. This one takes zero-configuration except for installing Notepad++ and your video card drivers.

The Windows 10 ISO is for a clean install of Windows and you need to follow the included instructions to set it up for benching.

Everything you need to know is in the included ReadMe.txt files.

For example, the Windows 10 ISO ReadMe.

Unzip File.
Burn a Windows install GPT USB with the included RUFUS. It'll fit on a 4GB USB.
Install Macrium with the included file. Run Macrium, in Other Tasks make a boot USB. The USB Needs to be MBR FAT32.
You can make that with RUFUS as well.

Backup your current Windows on a spare drive or seconday rive, preferably an M.2 or SSD.
With the Windows install disk you made, boot from it UEFI. Install Windows.

Install Notepad++.

In Windows, install your chipset drivers. https://www.amd.com/en/products/chipsets-am4 and video card drivers with NVCleaninstall.
See the picture links for how to use NVCleaninstall.

Unzip the Autoruns.zip. Run Autoruns64.exe as Admin. In Options uncheck all the Hide options.
Go to Autoruns File/Compare and load the included DESKTOP.arn.
Uncheck everything that matches in the file that is not disabled. The Services are the most important.
Reboot. Run your benchmarks. Profit.

If you need to install MSI Afterburner and I think I might have missed video card drivers, Run the included Autoruns64.exe as Admin, uncheck all the Hide options in Options, go to Services, enable TrustedInstaller, reboot, install Afterburner and/or your GPU drivers.
Is the Windows 10 ISO 64 or 32 bit?
I have heard the 32 bit version is better for OC.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
If I get a W10 PRO 32 bit, will those attached programs in on your download link, work?
Not 100% sure to be honest.

Edit: Autoruns, the most important one, has a 32-bit version you can download.

Well, the .zip file you download from Microsoft contains a 32-bit version

I can make you a 32-bit version of the stripped Windows 10 Pro if you want. but you'd need to do the Autoruns stuff I suggest yourself, not going to make a Macrium image.

·
Registered
391 Posts
these settings are possible to daily, safe voltages and conservative timings
View attachment 2479985
unfortunately my CPU struggles to bench 4000/2000, let alone daily :(
need better sample
Any luck 4000/2000 cl12?

5800x benchable at FCLK 4200 1:1.Peformance in the tank.
New beta bios nothing special.
Need full boost back on 5800x.

1041 - 1060 of 1212 Posts