Overclock.net banner
1861 - 1880 of 1929 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just took bios A43 AGESA 1.2.0.4 for a spin on my unify x. New SMU, TPM enabled by default for windows 11 and VDDG is broken, seems to be stuck on 0.9976V for ccd and iod whatever value I punch into the bios🤷‍♂️:poop:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Just took bios A43 AGESA 1.2.0.4 for a spin on my unify x. New SMU, TPM enabled by default for windows 11 and VDDG is broken, seems to be stuck on 0.9976V for ccd and iod whatever value I punch into the bios🤷‍♂️:poop:
Same issue here. VDDG reports at 0.99v in ZenTimings no matter what is put 1.0v and above.

·
Registered
110 Posts
anyone able to help wiith 5700G | Gskill 4000mhz | B550 Unify bios settings ?
stable at mem 4733mhz @ 1.5v and 2367fclk all other voltages on auto. passes y-cruncher 1hr test
stable mem 4800mhz @ 1.6v and 2400fclk soc @ 1.4v all other volts on auto
anyone got any ideas on what settings will get me lower ram and soc volts so I can run 4800mhz and 2400fclk daily ?
ruining on linux so no zen timings pics
TIA (y)
bios screen shots of bios attached :)
Light Font Screenshot Technology Software Font Screenshot Software Technology Electronic device Font Line Screenshot Technology Software Screenshot Font Technology Software Electronic device

·
Registered
718 Posts
Little update about the PCIE speeds around here. The random pcie speed seems to randomly change once the rig is restarted, but it always boots as x16 4.0 when powered on from cold boot or just a simples power off>power on. Example, cold boot, boots up at x16 4.0, if rebooted it will get stuck at x16 3.0 or x8 4.0. If powered off then powered on, it will boot as x16 4.0 again.
I've opened a thread at MSI forum and was contacted my PM to give some more information as the behaviour was duplicated by them so "they will look into it".

·
Old crazy guy
3,613 Posts
Little update about the PCIE speeds around here. The random pcie speed seems to randomly change once the rig is restarted, but it always boots as x16 4.0 when powered on from cold boot or just a simples power off>power on. Example, cold boot, boots up at x16 4.0, if rebooted it will get stuck at x16 3.0 or x8 4.0. If powered off then powered on, it will boot as x16 4.0 again.
I've opened a thread at MSI forum and was contacted my PM to give some more information as the behaviour was duplicated by them so "they will look into it".
I wonder if PCIe ASPM could be a factor.
If you have the option in the BIOS, check that it's disabled.
Try with one of my custom power plans:

The standard Windows power plans all have it enabled.
In theory if the BIOS is disabling it should have priority but you never know...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Wow, you got farther than I was ever able to. I went through all the same hops but for me, MSI support was no help. Please inform us how it goes and if there is a fix available.

·
Registered
718 Posts
@Spectre73 Update, bad one. Just received a PM saying that MSI could not replicate the issue, LOL, few days ago it was posted they replicated the issue.
Well, I won't bother about it. I won't RMA the board as suggested in the PM. What x16 4.0? Cold boot. Need to reboot the PC and need to see x16 4.0 is reported? Shut it down, wait a big, turn on again for x16 4.0 lol.

@ManniX-ITA I will look into PCIe ASPM, thanks.

·
Registered
277 Posts
@Spectre73 Update, bad one. Just received a PM saying that MSI could not replicate the issue, LOL, few days ago it was posted they replicated the issue.
Well, I won't bother about it. I won't RMA the board as suggested in the PM. What x16 4.0? Cold boot. Need to reboot the PC and need to see x16 4.0 is reported? Shut it down, wait a big, turn on again for x16 4.0 lol.

@ManniX-ITA I will look into PCIe ASPM, thanks.
@thomasck That is really sad. I really suspect they somehow bodged the MB and now are not allowed to admit it because of RMA expectations. There are more people with the exact same problem, even though it does not seem to be widespread. But that might have to do with the rare combination of an AMD Navi card and the unify-x.

·
Old crazy guy
3,613 Posts
don't have any of those voltage settings on my Cezanne 5700G with my b550 unify board and beta bios 144 ?

View attachment 2524861
Yes, APU only have SOC and VDDP.
VDDG is a thing for Multi Core with Infinity Fabric interposer and IOD.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi guys, I am new with the Unify X. I just checked the pcie speeds on my 6800xt and while GPU-Z and AMD Driver page reports PCIE 3 x16, Aida64 reports PCIE 4 x16;

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

I made a 3DMark PCI Express Feature test and the result is;

Rectangle Font Parallel Brand Paper product

I guess this is PCIE 3 x16 speed.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi guys, I am new with the Unify X. I just checked the pcie speeds on my 6800xt and while GPU-Z and AMD Driver page reports PCIE 3 x16, Aida64 reports PCIE 4 x16;

View attachment 2524872

I made a 3DMark PCI Express Feature test and the result is;

View attachment 2524873

I guess this is PCIE 3 x16 speed.
@thomasck and me have the same problem with your combination. MSI only partially admitted it. They could not recreate it but it definitely seems to be a problem with the unify-x and navi 2 cards......

·
Registered
43 Posts
@thomasck and me have the same problem with your combination. MSI only partially admitted it. They could not recreate it but it definitely seems to be a problem with the unify-x and navi 2 cards......
Did you try other bios versions?

Here's A21 but with the latest 5000 series microcodes, like for the 5950x, 5900x etc.

Used the included AFUWINGUI to run as Admin in the .zip file to flash the bios.bin with the below options.

Make SURE you use the correct as below.

View attachment 2523967

I couldn't find the bios.bin, where is it? Also what is the benefit of updating the bios from Windows, doesn't M-Flash in the bios is safer?

·
Registered
718 Posts
They DID recreate the issue, but then after "swapping" the CPU the issue was gone. I'd recommend you both to open a thread in their forum. That might help. My cpu was already RMAed once because of this issue and definitely is not a cpu issue, unless I got again a defective cpu.

The more people opening threads about it the better.

·
Premium Member
6,415 Posts
Did you try other bios versions?

I couldn't find the bios.bin, where is it? Also what is the benefit of updating the bios from Windows, doesn't M-Flash in the bios is safer?
Wait, I was sure I included the bios.bin in the .zip but it's not there.

Will fix it when I get home from work.

The program I provided is a sector by sector based flash and is better than the M-Flash option.

Plus if you don't check the auto-reboot option and the flash doesn't fully work, you can flash another working BIOS or reflash the one you tried.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wait, I was sure I included the bios.bin in the .zip but it's not there.

Will fix it when I get home from work.

The program I provided is a sector by sector based flash and is better than the M-Flash option.

Plus if you don't check the auto-reboot option and the flash doesn't fully work, you can flash another working BIOS or reflash the one you tried.
Any chance did you fix it? I want to try your method because after reflashing the latest A41 bios, the "Data Link Feature Exchange" section in the PCI settings is lost, I believe I had it before, is this possible?

Font Screenshot Software Electronic device Technology

·
Registered
86 Posts
Greetings.
I recently obtained B550 Unify-X. Board is awesome, but I have some questions:
1) How to get bclk running past 102.6? I get instant crash, and I think I am doing something wrong here. Maybe its gpu that doesnt like high bclk?
2) How to make this board train DR ram past 4333? It manages to boot 4333 after several training failures, but if it does boot, it is actually stable. I even can push bclk to 102.6 with 4333 initial memory freq to get 4445 - so 4445 is actually achievable. What I have also noticed, board won't train 4333 if I keep high cpu clocks, even 4Ghz is too high.
Memory tryit also wont boot 4400 preset.
My ram freq struggles -> AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3898.41 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR
3) What bios version do I run daily? I started with A20, idk how bad is it, so far seems fine. Minor adjustment, I am looking only for ReBAR-ready versions.
4) To continue question above, is there a fix/stable bios version that will properly load cpu freq from profiles?

Other components: R5 3600 and Crucial's DR Rev. B

1861 - 1880 of 1929 Posts