Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Old ain't dead
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve had this laptop for quite sometime it has had its issues but nothing major. First off the plastic bezel around the hinges broke which was honestly no big deal because it’s more or less just a desktop for me so I rigged the bezel so it would hold. Well, the other day I went to get up and tripped over some wires resulting in the laptop falling, another hinge broke but everything still worked flawlessly. The next morning I went to turn on the laptop, no wifi, no big deal as I can hard wire to eithernet. Couple hours later I come back and the screen is black, no big deal right? I have several tv’s and monitors. So I hook the laptop up to a monitor and nothing happens. So at this point I’m assuming a wire has fraid going to the screen but I don’t really understand why that would stop a monitor from recognizing the laptop through hdmi. I can still control the keyboard lighting with keys, the fan speed etc I just can’t get it to show on a screen. Any suggestions? * I’m in the process of removing one ram stick. Gonna also pull the battery and hold the power button for a bit. *

·
Old ain't dead
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay turns out the WiFi card was slightly pulled out causing a small short. Laptop screen is back on but I’m stuck in bios. Any tips on that?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts