Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ordered! Will be returning my GTX 465 to compusa tomorrow
Its only $30 upgrade for me.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Careful guys. MSI is notoriously known for denying rebates for the most random reasons. If you google MSI rebate, you can see hundreds of scam notices and people crying foul. To my understanding, MSI likes to reject your rebate if you make the slightest mistake, or claim that they 'lost' your rebate if you filled it out properly. Anyways, just be prepared to not get the rebate when you're buying MSI. If I can prevent at least one person from losing some money...that's all I want.

·
Legacy Member
2,269 Posts
Gigabyte has a 470 on newegg for 309 usd with a 20 usd rebate. Is Gigabyte a better company (I personally have never had a gpu for either one of them).

·
Registered
2,454 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woundingchaney View Post
Gigabyte has a 470 on newegg for 309 usd with a 20 usd rebate. Is Gigabyte a better company (I personally have never had a gpu for either one of them).
yes gigabyte is a better company.

Remember all.

The gigabyte card
the asus card
and the msi card both have psu's that are bascially free with it. Some have just cause 2 coupons as well.

http://www.overclock.net/online-deal...gtx-470-a.html

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
After the SOC and Lightning saga .............

I think it is safe to say both of these companies are complete scum bags

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woundingchaney
View Post

Couldnt resist....................

I bought 2 of them.

lol. you get the psu with it as well?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
If only that was 275 a couple a days ago without the rebate. I cant stand mail in rebates. Then worst when they show it with a low price only to show the actualy price.

·
Legacy Member
2,269 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryman546
View Post

lol. you get the psu with it as well?

No, I have an insert 600w Thermaltake and a 1000w Coolermaster. My psu requirements are more than met.

I thought about the psu deal, but I didnt feel like going to the hassle of selling the psus and dealing with additional rebates.

My 280s are on Ebay right now for decent prices if anyone is interested (same name on ebay).

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Oh wow, the GTX 470's are dropping in price even more. Nice! Even without rebate, it's a $300 GTX 470.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts