Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm ready to buy my very first GPU. Im about to purchase the last few pieces for my build. I've been going back and forth between GPU's and I believe I have finally narrowed it down to the MSI 560ti Hawk and the MSI 560ti 2GB version. Both cards seem to have good reviews on Newegg but I just don't know which would benefit me more. The Hawk seems like a beast with superior speed. I'm looking to run BF3 and just about any new and upcoming game on Ultra or as high as possible. I've read that BF3 uses over a gig of Vram which is why i'm considering the 2GB version. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Completely forgot to mention i'll be playing at 1080P on a HDTV for the time being until I pick up a good monitor.

·
Banned
8,748 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I got the Twin frozr 2 msi 2gb one, I love it.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Depends on the price differences. At 1080p, unless you play Metro 2033 or games that really use up VRAM (which is like less than 5% of PC game), 2 GB will not be provide additional performance.

Even then you should be getting a GTX 570 or GTX 580, if you are really that hard core. If you have a good internet service Onlive is worth checking out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet-205 View Post

Depends on the price differences. At 1080p, unless you play Metro 2033 or games that really use up VRAM (which is like less than 5% of PC game), 2 GB will not be provide additional performance.
Even then you should be getting a GTX 570 or GTX 580, if you are really that hard core. If you have a good internet service Onlive is worth checking out.
I plan on going SLI with the 560 in the very near future. I'd love a 570 but it's a little out of my budget. I suppose I can always wait and save my pennies it'd only be about an extra 100 bucks i believe.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazloisdavrock View Post

my TF2 560ti 2gb OC has memory heatsinks aswell.
Do you actually know that? The TF2 is known not to have memory or vrm cooling, that is what the TF3 addressed. If you have some prof I don't mind learning something new.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
The newer TF2 1GB version also have the memory and VRM cooling :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe63 View Post

Do you actually know that? The TF2 is known not to have memory or vrm cooling, that is what the TF3 addressed. If you have some prof I don't mind learning something new.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts