Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a GTX 780Ti reference model, it runs great. But 3 days after using it, every time I play a game for over 15 mins my computer will actually reset. This just started happening.

SPECS:

FX-8350
GTX 780 Ti Reference
8 GB RAM

Any ideas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truculent2 View Post

I recently installed a GTX 780Ti reference model, it runs great. But 3 days after using it, every time I play a game for over 15 mins my computer will actually reset. This just started happening.

SPECS:

FX-8350
GTX 780 Ti Reference
8 GB RAM

Any ideas?
3 days and a week are two different things. but that's besides the point.

Have you overclocked? turned voltages up? added a new HDD or anything?
is your PSU single railed, or multi?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually overclocked using my BIOS default settings, meaning my motherboard has 3 options ECO Mode, Standard Mode and Overclock mode. I hit overclock mode. I was actually thinking that, I went back to standard. Now I am back at Overclock mode going to see if staying in overclock mode helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truculent2 View Post

I actually overclocked using my BIOS default settings, meaning my motherboard has 3 options ECO Mode, Standard Mode and Overclock mode. I hit overclock mode. I was actually thinking that, I went back to standard. Now I am back at Overclock mode going to see if staying in overclock mode helps.
Yea if it was working fine before you changed it, i would defiantly look into that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliking420 View Post

Yea if it was working fine before you changed it, i would defiantly look into that
Okay I found out what my PSU is, Apevia ATX 700W PSU. On the back of the PSU, there is a volt switch. Currently it is switched at 115, but if I switch it to 230 it will not power on. If I can get it to power on and operate on 230 do you think I will still have the resetting issue?

Here is a link of my PSU:

http://www.amazon.com/Apevia-ATX12V-EPS12V-Supply-ATX-CB700W/dp/B007SX7JRE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419431468&sr=8-1&keywords=psu
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
I'd bet a PSU that it's your PSU.

AMD FX-8350 can easily exceed 220-230W under heavy loads.
780Ti with mild OC is like 260-290W.

You are definitely exceeding what that unit is capable of... Cheaper units may advertise 680W, but the actual max output on +12V rail will be somewhat to a lot less than that.

Personally, I would avoid Corsair. I was a very loyal customer of theirs starting with my A64 FX-51 rig back in 2003, and they truly did make THE best memory for those chips, no question.
Over time, however, they've grown, they began to stick their fingers into as many pies as they could, from memory to SSD's to enclosures to PSU's to gimmicky "sooper l33t g4m3R g34R", all the while coasting on the reputation they built for their name years ago instead of actively ccontinuing to make that rep even stronger. Now, they're selling vastly ooverpriced memory that almost always underperforms against GSkill, mediocre SSD's, PSU's that are either way below anythingelse in their cclass or decent units overpriced like a bad joke, and so on.
Thetthing is, all those products (PSU/RAM/SSD), they don't actually make/manufacture... They simply buy and rebrand, adding the required "Corsair Tax". You truly are paying for a name, not quality.

I would STRONGLY recommend that you get an EVGA 850G2, it's an excellent unit and the price is definitely right. You could up it to the 1000G2, but it is notrreallynnecessary unless you intend to SLI...
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top