Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=974820&is=REG&Q=&A=details

No tax if you live outside of NY. I don't care for MSI G series laptops, but they have excellent sound, keyboards, and it's got a 7970. That said, they run pretty hot/loud and not a fan of the CPU. But at this price if you only care about the performance and aren't looking for a long-term laptop this might be a good buy

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
wish i had the cash for this...this is such the steal

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soth7676 View Post

wish i had the cash for this...this is such the steal
No SSD.

The HD 7970m is only essentially as good as the HD 7850/7870. And it is an awful battery hog of a mobile GPU compared to mobile Kepler. This thing is essentially going to be tethered to a power cord. And at this price, you might as well build a desktop.

Its using an APU with that mobile GPU, which that said APU isn't strong at all considering the rest of the components.

Pretty much, this laptop isn't even worth it. At all. And the MiR is a prepaid card, not even a check.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Its better than not gaming at all when you are travelling, right?
And whats the big deal with prepaid cards? You never buy gas? You HAVE to have a check to put it back in your moms bank account?
Give the guy a break.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaesthetic View Post

No SSD.

The HD 7970m is only essentially as good as the HD 7850/7870. And it is an awful battery hog of a mobile GPU compared to mobile Kepler. This thing is essentially going to be tethered to a power cord. And at this price, you might as well build a desktop.

Its using an APU with that mobile GPU, which that said APU isn't strong at all considering the rest of the components.

Pretty much, this laptop isn't even worth it. At all. And the MiR is a prepaid card, not even a check.
Yeah the AMD /GPU is why I'm not buying it, I'm leaning towards Asus G series. However, that's about 1,000 more so...it's not for everyone.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilpony View Post

Yeah the AMD /GPU is why I'm not buying it, I'm leaning towards Asus G series. However, that's about 1,000 more so...it's not for everyone.
any mobile gpu with that kinda of power is tethered to a outlet...just saying run the apu when your not plugged in lol like everyone else and youll have decent performance/battery life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts