Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ^^ i hope you are ready to help me out .

I am looking for a new laptop because still have a rly bad computer (125mb RAM, integrate graphic card, 10 years old computer)

I looked the Asus G50Vt-x5 because its was in my budget (800-1000 Canadian $).

But i continued looking and i find this awsome MSI GX633.

Msi GX633 have a weaker Nvidia Graphic card but have a TDE (Turbo drive engine) , Eco Engine , AMD Dual Core.

Im looking for the best gaming computer in these two option.

LOOK THE TWO FOLLOWING SITES BEFORE ANSWER. Thx

MSI : http://www.frostycomputers.com/MSI_G...0G_p/gx633.htm

ASUS : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....ustomerreviews

THX ALOT xxx

·
Registered
40 Posts
well ASUS: Intel Centrino2 FTW, Direct Console (overclocking), and Power4Gear (battery managment)

would highly recommend X5 but go look on getting one bestbuy no longer ships them so you will have to find one in a store. If you can't find one go with the G51Vx at bestbuy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of the Asus but brand new cost is 849 US$. Refurbished = 719 US$

With that i cant buy the brand new, so do you think refurbished is as good as a brand new one. Let me know if i can make test when i get it because i will have 1 month garanty on it.

-Thx for answers

·
Registered
866 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannick1
View Post

With that i cant buy the brand new, so do you think refurbished is as good as a brand new one. Let me know if i can make test when i get it because i will have 1 month garanty on it.

-Thx for answers

Take it as you can. For 719 you wont find anything else as good as ASUS. And includes 3 months waranty.

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannick1
View Post

-Thx for answers

Refurbished comes with a 3 month warranty straight from ASUS. You can find it for just under $700 on eBay. I know tigerdirect has it also, and if you combine that with bing cashback (%5) you can get it bellow $700 as well.

You just can not beat the value on a $700 ASUS G50Vt-X5. When you get it, I would put it through the wringer. If it fails on you, you want it to fail while you still got a warranty. Orthos, furmark (don't overheat it haha), 3dmark06, hard drive benchmarks, and some heavy gaming.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannick1 View Post
But my question is : Do you guys think that a refurbished laptop is good?
Yep, they are as good, if not better then the originals.

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane1244
View Post

Yep, they are as good, if not better then the originals.

Exactly. What's the difference? It was broke, then they fixed it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would go with the ASUS, but NOT from BB. getting an asus from BB will cut the warrantee in half and fully take away asus' accidental part of the warrantee. this only happens with asus laptops bought from BB. thats why theyre cheaper from BB than anywhere else. look at asus laptops from other places if you want one.

xoticpc.com , circuitcity.com , newegg.com all have some for decent prices

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats good, but there are no more new Asus g50, they are all gone in USA and Canada. Out of stock.
Any other idea of laptop that i can have for like 750 US

·
Registered
118 Posts
So are you totally against getting a refurbished G50? I just got mine today from Tigerdirect and I LOVE it. Haven't had any problems with it yet, granted I have only had it a day, but so far it's really nice. It looks brand new, not like it has even been pre-owned, not a scratch on it anywhere.
I would seriously give this some consideration if you want a gaming laptop within a $750 price range..
best of luck

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
asus, faster cpu faster gpu.

that msi is a bit pricey for its offerings as well. good if it was priced around $600, or the asus was around $1000

1 - 14 of 14 Posts