Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For practicality's sake, which do you think would be my best bet from these two video cards? Which is better and why? I read somewhere that the Twin Frozr III (the Hawk's cooling) is inferior than that of the Twin Frozr II/OC?

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Retired Moderation
10,672 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: kevindd992002

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian;14165712
It's more that the MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk is equipped with exclusive propeller blade technology better than that of the MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II.

I found this thread doing a search that talks about this very topic already started about two weeks ago "MSI 560 ti Twin Frozr II vs MSI 560 ti Hawk". Either way you can't make a mistake as they are both good and will serve you well.
Thanks. So the thread is saying that the tf2 cooler is better than the tf3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3Xus;14165654
The cooling on the Hawk is actually better than the Twin Frozr II. If you look at these graphs, you notice that with a higher OC, the Hawk actually cools 4C better than the Twin Frozr II at full load.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-geforce-gtx-560-ti-hawk-review/8

The Hawk is probably a binned chip too.
That's werid, the guru3d review states an opposite observation to that of the thread posted by Arizonian above. What could be the main cause for this?

·
Registered
635 Posts
The TFII will be more quiet, and all most as good as the hawk. The hawk has the VRM cooling sink and also the pcb bracket....

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by delavan;14167296
The TFII will be more quiet, and all most as good as the hawk. The hawk has the VRM cooling sink and also the pcb bracket....
Is their noise difference very significant?

So overall, the Hawk is still the better card?

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
The Hawk is the better card overall. Just get that and don't look back
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Hawk is faster/cooler/louder what's not to like ? I think if your GPU is quiet your not using it to it's full ability
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I will go with the GTX 560 Ti Hawk
smile.gif

·
Laptop Gamer
978 Posts
Good bet. After doing a TON of research, I ordered two for sli goodness today. At factory oc, almost... as fast as a 570 (with manual oc, faster), and 2 in sli will do fine for me in 1080p for years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts