Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
What should be here ?
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I recently purchased an MSI Twin frozr III 7950 from another member and now have it crossfired with an Sapphire HD 7950 OC. The MSI version is that with the revised 7970 PCB.
Problem:
I have been having these random black screens where the screen becomes unresponsive, even hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del. I cannot do anything but to do a hard reset. I have already tried 3 different drivers, starting from the latest 14.3 beta, 14.2 and 13.12. These random black screens happen on either HDMI or D-Sub.
Are these driver related or a faulty card. I have re-installed all drivers by first un-installing with the AMD utility, then driver sweeper from safe mode and then re-installing the driver. Also, i sometimes got a Install package error while installing the later 14.3 beta, but the system seemed to still boot up fine.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hi.

1. Try the cards individually at their stock clocks to see if one is faulty.
2. Try to match their clocks and VRAM and test again.
3. Remove any OC programs along with any saved profiles.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Seeing as the information didnt help you much out. i'll give you my personal experience with the same issue. I started having them with my r9 290x until i was able to keep the VRMs nice and cool. i did the red mod on my gpu and needed to add a fan to blow on VRM1 so that i would no longer black screen at all. hope you find a fix to your problem. i know how annoying it can be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts