Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GPU OC's really poorly(520 w/ some artifacting, but 900mhz on the mem) and I don't really want to do a pencil od or anything liek that cuz for 1 w/ my luck i'd kill the card, and 2 i think a softmod would be alot safer(realy just 1 repeated
).

OK, so... yea....

I was wondering if some1 would help me either DL or make a modded BIOS or something so I can add some(like.1v?) volts to my 7900gt.

thx
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,786 Posts
I have been googling for the past 10mintues and it looks like there isn't a soft mod for this card.

However it is not necessarily safer to do a soft mod because you risk corrupting the BIOS......which makes the card useless. Atleast with a hard mod you can erase the pencil and make the mod disappear


If you are wondering here is the hard voltmod Here

And you will also see more performance increase with a hard mode because it allows more volts.

Also on a side note, there are not many cards that i am aware of were you can actually increase the voltage through the BIOS. Most cards simply don't allow it, that is why there are hard mods.

Good luck with what ever you choose, and maybe someone else knows of a softmod for you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by IcedEarth
View Post

I have been googling for the past 10mintues and it looks like there isn't a soft mod for this card.

However it is not necessarily safer to do a soft mod because you risk corrupting the BIOS......which makes the card useless. Atleast with a hard mod you can erase the pencil and make the mod disappear


If you are wondering here is the hard voltmod Here

And you will also see more performance increase with a hard mode because it allows more volts.

Also on a side note, there are not many cards that i am aware of were you can actually increase the voltage through the BIOS. Most cards simply don't allow it, that is why there are hard mods.

Good luck with what ever you choose, and maybe someone else knows of a softmod for you.

Thank you for looking anyway! +rep


I ran across a tool to edit Nvidia BIOSs and thought maybe i could add .1v taht way. also teh 7900GTX and 7950GT both use the same core if i recall but have more volts... so...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,786 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by DesertRat
View Post

Thank you for looking anyway! +rep


I ran across a tool to edit Nvidia BIOSs and thought maybe i could add .1v taht way. also teh 7900GTX and 7950GT both use the same core if i recall but have more volts... so...

Yea, maybe it is possible then.

Goodluck trying the BIOS editor.

But remember to be careful with it. They can be dangerous at times
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by IcedEarth
View Post

Yea, maybe it is possible then.

Goodluck trying the BIOS editor.

But remember to be careful with it. They can be dangerous at times


O! i'm not touching the bios editor. I suck @ programming, lol. I took one look at my head did a 360... I'd wonder if a bios from a 256mb 7950gt might work but the cores from the cards are ever so slightly differnt so IDK.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top