Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so heres the issues..

i can adjust anything in bios (ex. boot sequence) F10 & restart and it works as it should.. attempting to adjust FSB, F10 & restart and bios shows my new clock speed fine.. boot up windows & it shows my stock clock in cpu z, hw monitor pro & various other programs. thinking maybe it was a fail safe of some sort i tried to increase (and decrease) FSB by 1mhz. bios recognizes it, but windows still does not. also i have tried clean installing windows 7 & windows 10. neither of them recognizes once it gets past the bios. oddly enough any other changes i make in bios (HT,NB,ram voltages or ratios) is recognized by both bios & windows as its supposed to be. i then tried the MSI overclock software & can adjust FSB normally.

i tried searching forums & google first & couldnt come up with anything so i thought id ask here.. any ideas?

Motherboard: MSI ka780g
cpu: phenom x4 9850

thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
10,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r333xxh4v0k View Post

so heres the issues..

i can adjust anything in bios (ex. boot sequence) F10 & restart and it works as it should.. attempting to adjust FSB, F10 & restart and bios shows my new clock speed fine.. boot up windows & it shows my stock clock in cpu z, hw monitor pro & various other programs. thinking maybe it was a fail safe of some sort i tried to increase (and decrease) FSB by 1mhz. bios recognizes it, but windows still does not. also i have tried clean installing windows 7 & windows 10. neither of them recognizes once it gets past the bios. oddly enough any other changes i make in bios (HT,NB,ram voltages or ratios) is recognized by both bios & windows as its supposed to be. i then tried the MSI overclock software & can adjust FSB normally.

i tried searching forums & google first & couldnt come up with anything so i thought id ask here.. any ideas?

Motherboard: MSI ka780g
cpu: phenom x4 9850

thanks in advance!
You might want to try a new cmos battery or at least check your old one.

·
Premium Member
10,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r333xxh4v0k View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

You might want to try a new cmos battery or at least check your old one.
i ended up reflashing the latest bios and it fixed the issue, thanks for the suggestion!
You are welcome, glad you got it sorted out
smile.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts