Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my old computer mobo burn out and i just got a new one the MSI KT4A-V.
im am having boot failure problem when i start windows xp( it a frest new copy) is this board able to run that cpu?

my ram is pc3200 kingston.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,555 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by bored7one4

my old computer mobo burn out and i just got a new one the MSI KT4A-V.
im am having boot failure problem when i start windows xp( it a frest new copy) is this board able to run that cpu?

my ram is pc3200 kingston.

The msi website says it supports CPU's up to 333mhz FSB and I'm pretty sure yours is 266mhz FSB so you're good as far as that goes.

When you say fresh copy of windows, do you mean you installed it using this motherboard??? Or with the old setup??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

The msi website says it supports CPU's up to 333mhz FSB and I'm pretty sure yours is 266mhz FSB so you're good as far as that goes.

When you say fresh copy of windows, do you mean you installed it using this motherboard??? Or with the old setup??

i install a new copy of xp with this mother board. on the msi website it saids (KT4A-V will not support CPU speed under 1100MHz) i think the 1.4 athlon is only 1050 stock. can you show me how to raise the MHz cuz when i run it in high perfermances it wont start up at 1400MHz. At 1050 MHz it boots up sometimes but its really slow when it does.

do you think i need a new board and cpu or just the cpu?

thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,555 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by bored7one4

i install a new copy of xp with this mother board. on the msi website it saids (KT4A-V will not support CPU speed under 1100MHz) i think the 1.4 athlon is only 1050 stock. can you show me how to raise the MHz cuz when i run it in high perfermances it wont start up at 1400MHz. At 1050 MHz it boots up sometimes but its really slow when it does.

do you think i need a new board and cpu or just the cpu?

thanks

Well if the mobo says it doesnt support it then thats your problem there...

When you said a 1.4 athlon I assumed it was a 1.4ghz athlon CPU.

What's the exact model of the CPU???
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top