Overclock.net banner

261 - 280 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
@Fab7
here are the timings for 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16-16-16-36 with a 3900X
It's based on XMP Profile 2
Please ignore the crazy VSOC values, it also works with SOC 1.1v. It's sth. auto somehow configured, lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I seems to have the same issue, getting hard reboots (no info in windows) with xmp on or off, doesn't matter. Running version 140 of bios but I tried all beta bioses. It seems the only way system is stable is when I do "game mode" in bios and that sets voltage to 1.337 on every core (is it leet, really...) which I guess is stable? Even with xmp on it works while xmp on would crash immediately after getting into desktop and getting idle. Is it bad chip? I can still return and replace it...

·
Registered
220 Posts
looks like MSI has alot of work to do for 5000 series... hope 5000 series owners will keep us updated, good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
@blue paint :
oh you have the same RAM as me !
it is weird , i have tried CAS14 in the past and got no boot @3600 ...so i needed to do clear CMOS but there is no
button for that on X570 Tomahawk so i needed to use a jumper for reset and that's very annoying to do.

Which DRAM Voltage do you use for those timings ?

Also it seems that old models of our RAM was 10 layers PCB and newest revision is only 8 layers ,
i have 8 layers , maybe you have 10 ?

PS : i see that your AIDA64 is not registered , here is an activation key :

AIDA64 Extreme Product Key 6.30.5500

UKYV4-HFMD6-FJD9V-E4D34-FYY1G

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have installed the 5800X with 142 beta bios and managed to get to FCLK 2033 (2066 hangs at start and needs CMOS reset). Loaded 3600er XMP and pushing FCLK higher till 2033. RAM voltage is 1.5v.

CPU does 4750 @ 1.36v all core. And with curve optimizer single core goes up to 5000Mhz

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have installed the 5800X with 142 beta bios and managed to get to FCLK 2000 (haven't tried higher yet). Loaded 3600er XMP and pushing FCLK higher till 2000.
This is great to hear, as I saw reports elsewhere that this board is having issues going past 3200Mhz RAM with Zen 3. So it's fixed with a BIOS update now?

I already purchased two of these kits for 4 x 8Gb Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 UDIMM 3600MHz Desktop PC Gaming Memory BL2K8G36C16U4B

Also I own a 5 year old Noctua NH-D15 and couldn't find this motherboard in the compatibility list on Noctau's site, I have emailed them asking if there's any issues, but does anyone know if everything is okay with the NH-D15? I know I need to purchase the AM4 Mounting Kit, but is there any issues with this board?

PS : i see that your AIDA64 is not registered , here is an activation key :

AIDA64 Extreme Product Key 6.30.5500

UKYV4-HFMD6-FJD9V-E4D34-FYY1G
Hi,

Thank you for posting this, is it okay if I use it too?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks a lot , it works ! (y)
Great to hear! B-die scales pretty well with voltage (not every RAM type does). 1.5v seems to be what most people use as upper limit for daily use but it scales higher. Just make sure that the RAM sticks get some ventilation because if they get too hot, they might get unstable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also I own a 5 year old Noctua NH-D15 and couldn't find this motherboard in the compatibility list on Noctau's site, I have emailed them asking if there's any issues, but does anyone know if everything is okay with the NH-D15? I know I need to purchase the AM4 Mounting Kit, but is there any issues with this board?
No problem at all.
You can use this:

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8T mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!
I just received a beautiful Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 C18 1.35V and I am going to use it for the first time in the MSI MAG X570. Any recommendation? I am quite noob in the aspect of doing OC to the RAM

·
Registered
8 Posts
For people experiencing issues with idle stability of Zen 2 CPUs on this motherboard I definitely recommend bios 7C84v14 and NOT the beta bios.

I don't have issues with the 5800x but I am only running 3200 CL16 memory.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Manage to get PBO to boost between 4700 all core and 4950 single core for my 5800X using PBO curve optimizer.

CPU can do 4800Mhz all core manual @ 1.38v but 4700 is very close and with manual all core u don't get benefit of faster single core speed.

In general u can optimize the PBO curve for maximizing single core boost or to push all core higher. I didn't manage to combine max single core of 5050 with highest multicore of 4700. Therefore I settled with 4950 single and 4700 multi. 4700Mhz was the maximum all core I could achieve with PBO on the 5800X, even when I tried -50 -15 magnitude.

My settings are:
100Mhz for 'max cpu boost clock override': this influences the maximum single core speed (+200 for 5050Mhz on a 5800X)
-10 magnitude for 2 best cores (marked in AMD ryzen master): if they are set to the same low values of the other cores, single core voltage will be too low and crash. it also influences the all core frequency to some extent
-35 magnitude for all other cores: this influences mostly the maximum all-core frequency. the lower, the more likely that all cores will boost to 4700Mhz

·
Registered
135 Posts
No problem at all.
You can use this:
Thanks, but the form requests an invoice of an AM4 CPU or Motherboard. When I buy the motherboard or CPU, I will be buying the mounting kit too. Otherwise I'd have to sit here and wait for this to arrive, while it only costs $9 locally in Australia to buy it. Good to know for sure that there's no issues with the Noctau NH-D15, thanks. They should update their compatibility page and add this board.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, but the form requests an invoice of an AM4 CPU or Motherboard. When I buy the motherboard or CPU, I will be buying the mounting kit too. Otherwise I'd have to sit here and wait for this to arrive, while it only costs $9 locally in Australia to buy it. Good to know for sure that there's no issues with the Noctau NH-D15, thanks. They should update their compatibility page and add this board.
I ordered it and waited since it costed me 20$ and bought all parts so I didnt mind to wait. Indeed they should update the Page.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8T mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is great to hear, as I saw reports elsewhere that this board is having issues going past 3200Mhz RAM with Zen 3. So it's fixed with a BIOS update now?
Only tried beta 142 bios after i read about fclk problems and it worked for my 5800 and the b-die. Running 2033 now but 2066 hangs and needs cmos clear. How many problems are related to agesa, bios or chip is difficult to tell because its so early after release.

@Fab7
Thanks for the key, only saw that now.

Btw, 71000 read of older aida i posted is wrong. Newer version gives 60.000. Should have known that 70000 was too good to be true, lol.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Only tried beta 142 bios after i read about fclk problems and it worked for my 5800 and the b-die. Running 2033 now but 2066 hangs and needs cmos clear. How many problems are related to agesa, bios or chip is difficult to tell because its so early after release.
Yes I am trying to keep an eye on the news and a few forums. Hopefully there will be more BIOS updates and more people being able to hit their targets.

Btw, 71000 read of older aida i posted is wrong. Newer version gives 60.000. Should have known that 70000 was too good to be true, lol.
Well here's my current setup 😂 although that latency 🤓

cachemem001.png

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone!

Can someone tell me the height of the heatsinks and the IO shield heatsink / cover at the top? These seem really large and may interfere with (likewise ;-) ) large radiators. Unfortunately these dimensions are nowhere shown.

Thanks in advance!

261 - 280 of 346 Posts