Overclock.net banner

341 - 360 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
with the X570 Tomahawk what are the temp thresholds as far as the Silent and Balanced settings?...which is the best/recommended setting?
Are you talking about chipset fan settings in BIOS or something else. I personally set all fan curve to turn on with CPU temperatures ,except chipset fame because silent mode is the loudest for some strange reason,so I leave it on balanced

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are you talking about chipset fan settings in BIOS or something else. I personally set all fan curve to turn on with CPU temperatures ,except chipset fame because silent mode is the loudest for some strange reason,so I leave it on balanced
yes I'm referring to the chipset fan...I hear there's various options- Silent, Balanced, Boost etc...I thought I read that with the recent BIOS Silent mode now operates the fan at 0% until it hits a certain temp threshold

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
yes I'm referring to the chipset fan...I hear there's various options- Silent, Balanced, Boost etc...I thought I read that with the recent BIOS Silent mode now operates the fan at 0% until it hits a certain temp threshold
Every fan in the BIOS can be set on PWM/DC make your own fan curve and the chip set fan has four modes also. Set it as you want.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Anyone with zen 3 have trouble with random resets after installing? By random I mean out of nowhere while idle, but I can trigger it faster by doing memtest or a cinebench run. I've seen others with this issue on reddit but they all have different motherboards. Looks like a few 5900x folks here have gotten theirs to run just fine though. I was on the 151 bios but recently rolled back to 14. Same results on both. The only sure way to prevent it is to disable boost in the bios. After that I get no crashes but of course my CPU is slightly handicapped, which isn't ok Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Anyone with zen 3 have trouble with random resets after installing? By random I mean out of nowhere while idle, but I can trigger it faster by doing memtest or a cinebench run. I've seen others with this issue on reddit but they all have different motherboards. Looks like a few 5900x folks here have gotten theirs to run just fine though. I was on the 151 bios but recently rolled back to 14. Same results on both. The only sure way to prevent it is to disable boost in the bios. After that I get no crashes but of course my CPU is slightly handicapped, which isn't ok Any thoughts?
I made a post MSI X570 Tomahawk 3600XT/5800X work great 3800XT Crash on Idle/BIOS/Internet
My advice return CPU
(44) MSI MAG x570 TOMAHAWK WIFI | Page 12 | Overclock.net

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have a 5600x but not the same memory. Same thing happens to me when I run my Ballistix Elite 4000mhz at 1900mhz 1:1:1, I have to reset CMOS and then the board will post and everything will be stable under OCCT. I've created a ticket with MSI regarding this issue, there seems to be spotty memory compatibility or maybe the new BIOS aren't up to snuff yet. I know this kit to be good up to 4000mhz so it's not the sticks themselves.

What I had to do is scale back my memory to 3600mhz and everything runs fine now, although it would be great to actually run the memory as it is intended to. Is your memory known to be good at 3600mhz on another machine? Are you trying to manually set the timings or just the frequency?
I have Aorus master x570, same issue, its bios bug or ageesa issue with 5000 family or the memory controller of 5000 is bad itself i have 3 kits of memeory was working fine with 3900x and on intel platforms i have they run up to 4400 stable but on ryzen 5800x the best i can get is 3800 frequency and auto timings which sucks , i have kit can do 4100 15 15 15 34 but on ryzen Auto timing 3800 22 22 22 50.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had a WHEA error with the 5800x yesterday on newest beta bios. Thought this was fixed but obviously not. Happened to me once on previous BIOS as well. PC just restarted when it happened. On my old CPU (3700x) I had BSODs.

Never had this many issues with a motherboard. MSI never again.

edit: seems this is a common issue... Can't put links but there are threads on the offical MSI board, LTT, etc.
I really hope the next BIOS update will fix this nonsense.

·
Registered
33 Posts
is the latest Beta 7C84v151 BIOS good?...I need to update my board via the BIOS Flash method in order to get the board to recognize my new 5800X and wanted to make sure it was the best one?...or should I flash it to the previous non-beta Patch C BIOS (I thought I read it had issues)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I know I am late to the party but I just build a 5600x msi x570 tomahawk, meshify C and a EVGA 1070 acx 3.0 build and had some issues.
I run the wraith prism and latest bios driver (beta 7C84v151).
gSync activated with a Dell S3220DGF.

After installing I played a bit with some settings in the bios but nothing too fancy.

First, the cpu fan was going crazy idle, for whatever reason (NOISYYY). Then in warzone after 35 minutes screen started to act strange and finally WZ crashed (no message).
I checked the CPU temp and it was 85C at the time with our nice wraith at 100% all the time.
Idle 56 fan between 20 and 90%

I figured I could use this solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/jpfsv3 .
As soon as I did, my W10 was dead. Kept booting with different errors until NTFS FILE ERROR stayed.

So for me, and the build, it's a no-go.

I restored the bios default (all values, which out back the vcore and freq auto), put back my backup image, tried again WZ. Much better ! gSync deactivated (so probably running a 60hz), but it was stable, around 68C.

The Dragon software let you control the CM, check fans and temps.

I managed to activate the CM controls from the soft (it's not by default), change the profile to silent.
Cpu fan at 10 15% idle, 50% in WZ, 75C stable, which is within the normal temps if we believe AMD engineers.

I hope it helps people who might have issues with their 5600X :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
is the latest Beta 7C84v151 BIOS good?...I need to update my board via the BIOS Flash method in order to get the board to recognize my new 5800X and wanted to make sure it was the best one?...or should I flash it to the previous non-beta Patch C BIOS (I thought I read it had issues)?
yes! is stable with my 5900x and b-die ram. someone told me to don`t go over 3600MHz for ram or the beta bios will maybe produce instability with ram oc. also light PBO oc with +100MHz and curve optimizer with negative offset to around -15 on all cores is working solid and stable on my side.

·
Registered
33 Posts
so the onboard audio for this board uses the Realtek ALC1200 codec...but I can't find drivers for this anywhere on the Realtek website...anyone have a link?...or is it best to just get these from the MSI support site?...does Windows Update provide these drivers as well?...I always prefer to get drivers directly from the manufacturer website but the Realtek site is a mess to navigate...even finding the network adapter drivers on there was difficult

·
Registered
2 Posts
Didn't have to update any driver to make it work on my W10. And yes, the drivers are available on the support site. I guess it's the safest bet.

yes! is stable with my 5900x and b-die ram. someone told me to don`t go over 3600MHz for ram or the beta bios will maybe produce instability with ram oc. also light PBO oc with +100MHz and curve optimizer with negative offset to around -15 on all cores is working solid and stable on my side.
How does that help? Sorry I am not so technical so I don't understand the point of doing that :D -15 ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
0 problems with DH15, nvme and 2070super.
so the NH-D15 doesn't cover up the main NVMe slot (closest to the CPU)?...reason being that if I ever needed to change out my NVMe SSD would I need to take off the NH-D15?...I'd rather not have to remove the cooler for that

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes it covers the m2 first slot.
You'll need to quit it to reinstall m2 or use the other m2 slot.

Enviado desde mi MAR-LX1A mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
is there any performance difference between the 2 NVMe slots on this board?...the top one uses the CPU PCIe lanes so theoretically I'm assuming that's the best place to install it?...the bottom NVMe uses the X570 chipset

·
Registered
10 Posts
asus released alredy a beta bios with agesa 1180 for the VIII hero. i hope msi will follow soon.
adaptive undervoltig featureof this agesa sounds interesting.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
@TitusTroy
There is no real difference

asus released alredy a beta bios with agesa 1180 for the VIII hero. i hope msi will follow soon.
adaptive undervoltig featureof this agesa sounds interesting.
I read every post in the VIII thread,no one said and thing about AMD Adaptive undervolting and two asked about PBO 2. No responses. Hmmmm seems weird

Awesome thread here with all the lastest BIOS as released
[Übersicht] - Ultimative AM4 UEFI/BIOS/AGESA Übersicht (07.12.20) | Hardwareluxx

·
Registered
113 Posts
is there any performance difference between the 2 NVMe slots on this board?...the top one uses the CPU PCIe lanes so theoretically I'm assuming that's the best place to install it?...the bottom NVMe uses the X570 chipset
I've been using the bottom slot for windows and its performing just fine. Maybe 98% of the top slot's performance from what I remember from some benchmarks I ran.

341 - 360 of 515 Posts