Overclock.net banner

361 - 380 of 520 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
so the onboard audio for this board uses the Realtek ALC1200 codec...but I can't find drivers for this anywhere on the Realtek website...anyone have a link?...or is it best to just get these from the MSI support site?...does Windows Update provide these drivers as well?...I always prefer to get drivers directly from the manufacturer website but the Realtek site is a mess to navigate...even finding the network adapter drivers on there was difficult
Having the same issue. Tried the driver on support tab for the board and the univeral one from Realtek's site. Still not showing in device manager at all. Tried uninstalling all audio drivers and reinstalling, not detected in Device Manager.

·
Registered
41 Posts
so the onboard audio for this board uses the Realtek ALC1200 codec...but I can't find drivers for this anywhere on the Realtek website...anyone have a link?...or is it best to just get these from the MSI support site?...does Windows Update provide these drivers as well?...I always prefer to get drivers directly from the manufacturer website but the Realtek site is a mess to navigate...even finding the network adapter drivers on there was difficult
Use the driver which MSI provided for audio (6.0.9049.1 at this moment). Nowadays motherboard makers do their own audio drivers, Realtek is only providing them a general one, so they can pimp it out, put Nahimic and other stuff in it (or remove something) and bind them to specific motherboards. Ours is not so special, but it would be wise to stay with the MSI driver.

The wired network driver is good to go, you can download it straight from Realtek and the WiFi+Bluetooth driver from Intel.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Having the same issue. Tried the driver on support tab for the board and the univeral one from Realtek's site. Still not showing in device manager at all. Tried uninstalling all audio drivers and reinstalling, not detected in Device Manager.
do you have a link to the audio driver from the Realtek website?

Use the driver which MSI provided for audio (6.0.9049.1 at this moment). Nowadays motherboard makers do their own audio drivers, Realtek is only providing them a general one, so they can pimp it out, put Nahimic and other stuff in it (or remove something) and bind them to specific motherboards. Ours is not so special, but it would be wise to stay with the MSI driver.

The wired network driver is good to go, you can download it straight from Realtek and the WiFi+Bluetooth driver from Intel.
the problem with using the MSI audio driver is will MSI continue to put out new audio drivers for this board 2+ years down the road?...which is why I always prefer to get it direct from the manufacturer

is this the correct network adapter driver for the MSI X570 Tomahawk?

·
Registered
24 Posts
@sensatti :

- make sure your onboard soundchip is activated in bios

- install Display Driver Uninstaller ( DDU ) : Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.3.4

- reboot in safe mode

- open DDU

- select audio and REALTEK

- click "clean and reboot"

- go to MSI X570 Tomahawk support page and download/install the sound driver

- it must work , and you will be automacailly notified when a new version is available

PS : i have zero problem with the audio part of the board

·
Registered
41 Posts
the problem with using the MSI audio driver is will MSI continue to put out new audio drivers for this board 2+ years down the road?...which is why I always prefer to get it direct from the manufacturer
No they won't. Well, that's the way it goes for all motherboard maker company, boards will be EOL time to time and support stops. Although there are already several projects doing Realtek audio driver modding, you could always check them out. I've tried some with my old board, but the way it works was too complicated for me.

is this the correct network adapter driver for the MSI X570 Tomahawk?

Yes it is, it shows that it is the driver for RTL8125B.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@sensatti :

- make sure your onboard soundchip is activated in bios

- install Display Driver Uninstaller ( DDU ) : Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.3.4

- reboot in safe mode

- open DDU

- select audio and REALTEK

- click "clean and reboot"

- go to MSI X570 Tomahawk support page and download/install the sound driver

- it must work , and you will be automacailly notified when a new version is available

PS : i have zero problem with the audio part of the board
Thanks I will try this when I get home this afternoon. I took most of these steps but used the Driver Store Explorer to remove packages, forgot the DDU does Audio too.

I'll say everything else is working flawlessly so far with this board.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tried this with no luck. Appears to be isolated to windows 10 version 20H2 which I updated to as I just built the system a few days ago. I'll wait and see if there is a fix for this version of windows.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Even without a driver it should be in the Device Manager. Are you sure it's not disabled in BIOS?

New driver is out: 6.0.9071.1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Really hoping someone on here can help me. Cant figure out this issue.

I just build a new pc and have been having the strangest issues and just can't figure it out.
I have a amd 5600x
Asus rog strix 3080
trident z 2x16gb 16 16 16 36 ram
NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO
corsair 850w psu.
ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro Series 2TB M.2
Anyway when I try to boot it boots extremely slow and the entire time the ez debug lights are switching off between the CPU light being on then goes off, then the VGA and boot light are on together and go off. It just does this over and over again for a few minutes and then boots. I've also had random issues with the USB ports not working and one time the audio started glitching out. I have tried reseating everything, doing different combinations of my ram, stress tests when its turned on usually go fine its just the booting. Reinstalled my OS and all drivers. Flashed bios to each of the 3 versions that work with the 5600x. After trying all these things it always comes back to the same thing with the CPU, VGA+boot lights alternating being on.

Weird thing is sometimes it boots ok, but most of the time its as I said above.

I've run out of ideas and am thinking of getting a new mobo but I dont even know for sure that this is the issue. I have been debugging this for weeks and am hitting my limit. If anyone can help me I will love you forever.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Really hoping someone on here can help me. Cant figure out this issue.

I just build a new pc and have been having the strangest issues and just can't figure it out.
I have a amd 5600x
Asus rog strix 3080
trident z 2x16gb 16 16 16 36 ram
NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO
corsair 850w psu.
ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro Series 2TB M.2
Anyway when I try to boot it boots extremely slow and the entire time the ez debug lights are switching off between the CPU light being on then goes off, then the VGA and boot light are on together and go off. It just does this over and over again for a few minutes and then boots. I've also had random issues with the USB ports not working and one time the audio started glitching out. I have tried reseating everything, doing different combinations of my ram, stress tests when its turned on usually go fine its just the booting. Reinstalled my OS and all drivers. Flashed bios to each of the 3 versions that work with the 5600x. After trying all these things it always comes back to the same thing with the CPU, VGA+boot lights alternating being on.

Weird thing is sometimes it boots ok, but most of the time its as I said above.

I've run out of ideas and am thinking of getting a new mobo but I dont even know for sure that this is the issue. I have been debugging this for weeks and am hitting my limit. If anyone can help me I will love you forever.
This could be 1 of a few problems. lets start with the easiest 1 first. What are the voltages set to for VDDP, VDDG, vSOC, and IOD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This could be 1 of a few problems. lets start with the easiest 1 first. What are the voltages set to for VDDP, VDDG, vSOC, and IOD.
Right now I just have it all set on auto. Bios settings are all back to defaults. Only changes I even tested was turning on XMP at one point and I was already having these issues before I did that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Right now I just have it all set on auto. Bios settings are all back to defaults. Only changes I even tested was turning on XMP at one point and I was already having these issues before I did that.
set them to this.
VDDP 900 VDDG and IOD 950 VSOC 1.05

·
Registered
4 Posts
set them to this.
ok set VDDP voltage to .9, VDDG CCD Voltage to .95, VDDG IOD Voltage to .95, and Chipset Soc Voltage to 1.05.
This is what you were instructing correct?

I rebooted a few times and it seemed to work but this has happened in the past as well so I'm hesitant to say its fixed. If this did fix it what would it mean the problem is? Sorry I'm not super well versed in overclocking.

Thank you for taking the time to help my by the way, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
set them to this.
Nope still happened again. Issue showed up while rebooting. Shutting it down with the power button and doing a fresh boot fixed it. Happened like 3 reboots in a row and then stopped again so back to happening just like before.

Also sometimes the ethernet port stops working and it says my cable may not be plugged in and that it looks like a phone cable.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ryzen 3100 @ 4600
patriot 2x8 @ 3800 fclk 1900

·
Registered
3 Posts
I pulled out the graphics card and when I pressed in the plastic protection with a screwdriver, the screwdriver slipped and the effect is visible on the picture.

Should there be any element in the place marked on the photo that I could accidentally remove? If so, what is this element and what might be the consequences of missing it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Everything works fine, I didn't notice any stability issues.
This dash below the point is just a slight rub of the top paint, the pcb tracks have not been damaged.
I sent a web ticket to MSI, we'll see what they reply.

361 - 380 of 520 Posts