Overclock.net banner
3221 - 3240 of 3365 Posts

·
Overclock the World
2,969 Posts
I know of a guy with a MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon who is able to run 4000/2000 on Zen3 without any Whea errors.
Gaming Carbon Wifi with an Realtek RTL8125B-CG
or the B450 Gaming Carbon Pro ?

·
Overclock the World
2,969 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did ask him specifically about Whea and he confirmed that he is one of the lucky few who have no whea errors. I believe him and he surely knows what he is talking about. He has a good reputation.

·
Overclock the World
2,969 Posts
I did ask him specifically about Whea and he confirmed that he is one of the lucky few who have no whea errors. I believe him and he surely knows what he is talking about. He has a good reputation.
mmm, he get's good performance
He probably can increase tRRD_L to 5, instead of 4
Or lower tWTR_L to 8 instead of 10

Else should check the whole y-cruncher test suite for 4 loops
Voltages look good, just IOD is a bit low
I've seen couple of posts from him, does a good job !
But the screenshots lack verification, close to any i've seen. Bit sad actually ~ spares posting fields to doublecheck already tested stuff

·
Registered
191 Posts
With latest Beta i get fan problem with my RX 6800 XT.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anybody tested performance? According to the news AGESA 1.2.0.3 should improve cpu and system performance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
wondering if anyone can help me, using MSI Center anyway I can control the system fans according to GPU temp ?

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
wondering if anyone can help me, using MSI Center anyway I can control the system fans according to GPU temp ?

Thanks
I’m unsure for MSI center but you could try using a piece of software called “FanControl” instead. It’s excellent.

• Rep+
Reactions: uzi1

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’m unsure for MSI center but you could try using a piece of software called “FanControl” instead. It’s excellent.
I currently have corsair fans and use icue to control lighting and fan speeds but noticed if I exit icue the system uses like 20watts less, fans + lighting still same and it just keeps using background processes

So looking into just using the sys fan headers and argb for lighting control , MSI center doesnt give option to control fans according to gpu temp just CPU but works to control rgb lighting , I tried FAN control and seems to work well can set fan curves according to GPU and many more sensors , it uses less constant background processes and lower power cpu isnt spiking unlike icue

So thinking getting the lian un 120 fans and using MSI center to control RGB or even use the Lian software and use the hub to sys fan header to control the fans

·
The Factory of the Cell
110 Posts
So I finally got a Ryzen 5000 processor. I'm pretty happy with it. However I do have one question. I'm on the latest A.90 BIOS for this board. Is it typical to see score degradation in e.g. Cinebench R20 with increasing negative offsets in Curve Optimizer? I was initially under the impression that you should increase the negative offset as far as stability will allow, but is this not true?

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I finally got a Ryzen 5000 processor. I'm pretty happy with it. However I do have one question. I'm on the latest A.90 BIOS for this board. Is it typical to see score degradation in e.g. Cinebench R20 with increasing negative offsets in Curve Optimizer? I was initially under the impression that you should increase the negative offset as far as stability will allow, but is this not true?
in theory it should increase your performance.
did you try it on A85? after a little bit of testing on A90 i got lower performance, too. im back on A85 now.

edit: you talking about higher negative CO counts, like from -5 to -10, right?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
did you try it on A85? after a little bit of testing on A90 i got lower performance, too. im back on A85 now.

At some point there will be "negative" scaling as the cores are getting too little voltage, so instead of crashing autocorrection just reduces the score.

@ribosome needs to find a balance ...

·
The Factory of the Cell
110 Posts

No I've only tried it on A90. And yes I mean higher negative counts, like going from -5 to -10.

At some point there will be "negative" scaling as the cores are getting too little voltage, so instead of crashing autocorrection just reduces the score.

@ribosome needs to find a balance ...
Thanks for confirming.

·
Premium Member
10,003 Posts
So are the 5800/5900/5950 cpu’s still rebooting with Whea errors?

CPU related?

GPU related?

BIOS related?

I’d love to upgrade to the 5800 but don’t see a good reason if they are still proving to be problematic with reboots.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
So are the 5800/5900/5950 cpu’s still rebooting with Whea errors?

CPU related?

GPU related?

BIOS related?

I’d love to upgrade to the 5800 but don’t see a good reason if they are still proving to be problematic with reboots.
We must remember that most people having issues will post here, the thousands that have no issues hardly ever post about this.

All of your three question/options can occur, asking for a definitive answer to this, well that is not going to happen.

GPU, ive seen only a few references
CPU, probably the majority
BIOS, the lesser of the three.

However, most of the issues are because people are running the CPUs either out of spec or with RAM that does not "work well" with Ryzen.

At the end of the day you can RMA a faulty product ...

• Rep+
Reactions: N2Gaming

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all.
Just joined the forum due to this wonderful and helpful thread.
I own Unify x570 (of course) and 5900x.

I wanted to contribute myself to the community:
I recommend for those wanting 5.1 SPDIF output (w/ DTS & DDL support) to switch to 'AAF DCH Optimus Sound' drivers pack.
v6.0.9159.1 works wonderful - see result:

tip - during customization screen of installer, choose modded Realtek DTS & DDL component.

3221 - 3240 of 3365 Posts