Overclock.net banner
3301 - 3320 of 3431 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Keep getting lock ups and failures moving files to a ext hard drive via usb.Is this part of the usb problem?Still on A42 but will try new AA4.

·
Overclock the World
3,140 Posts
Keep getting lock ups and failures moving files to a ext hard drive via usb.Is this part of the usb problem?Still on A42 but will try new AA4.
USB Dropouts and Sata dropouts are part of the problem

• Rep+
Reactions: Spilly44

·
Registered
154 Posts
The little chipset fan is driving me crazy when it kicks in during these hot summer days. I intend to replace it with water block.
I contacted watercool de asking them if they have compatible block for me. But they asked me for dimensions.

So, does anybody have exact size of the holes and spacing for the chipset heatsink.
Or if anyone have watercooled the chipset of the x570 unify (or ace) board, please share what water block you have used.

Thanks

·
Registered
731 Posts
The little chipset fan is driving me crazy when it kicks in during these hot summer days. I intend to replace it with water block.
I contacted watercool de asking them if they have compatible block for me. But they asked me for dimensions.

So, does anybody have exact size of the holes and spacing for the chipset heatsink.
Or if anyone have watercooled the chipset of the x570 unify (or ace) board, please share what water block you have used.

Thanks
What is your chipset temp in C when the fan kicks in?

·
Registered
154 Posts
62-63 C. It kicks in even when pc is idle.
Summer is hot, room temp is 30C. Last year summer I dont remember hearing the chipset fan. It is possible that the heatsink needs repaste or something, but if i disassemble the whole system for it, i prefer to remove the ****ty fan forever.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Temps are normal in summer.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
62-63 C. It kicks in even when pc is idle.
Summer is hot, room temp is 30C. Last year summer I dont remember hearing the chipset fan. It is possible that the heatsink needs repaste or something, but if i disassemble the whole system for it, i prefer to remove the ****ty fan forever.
I changed the paste as soon as I got the motherboard, ambient temps in my office are 26/27C and chipset is at 61C and not turning (middle column at the bottom!)

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Pattern

• Rep+
Reactions: edhutner

·
Registered
154 Posts
Tried to do manual fan curve for the chipset fan from the bios, but it starts from minimum 20% pwm, so i switched to silent predefined profile.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Tried to do manual fan curve for the chipset fan from the bios, but it starts from minimum 20% pwm, so i switched to silent predefined profile.
Since the beginning I also intended to watercool the chipset. I also contacted watercool de, and Jacob, an ex employee and member of this forum, suggested one of those chipset coolers:
He also informed that they come with with 2 of these fittings (look at the bottom of the page, last row).
He even told me the sizes that come with the cooler, but I can't remember which ones. You only have to buy the outstanding one. Sizes S, M and XS.
But I ended up not purchasing it, because in all honesty, my chipset rarely goes over 50C.
But I still have another plan for my chipset block, which is made in black aluminum, and it requires some milling.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I run the balanced profile, got a really hot summer here too and I still haven't heard it spin up even once, try a repaste maybe?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am too lazy to disassemble the whole pc including water system in order to get to the heatsink to repaste it. I added one old 120mm fan running at low rpms blowing on the chipset. Switched to silent mode, so far couple of hours idling, working and gaming, I have not noticed the little fan kicking in. Max chipset temperature have been 58. Hope that will never hear the little **** spinning again :)

About the water block.. I gave up. I found some pictures of stripped down unify board - pcb. Calculated that hole pattern is about 37.5 x 17.2mm center to center. Diagonal is 41.3mm. Sent these numbers to watercool de and they told me that unfortunately they do not have such small block. Did a quick search for other popular brands water blocks, but could not find one that can fit these holes. (Pattern is too small).

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks
Screw hole diagonally 4.3CM

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Teon thanks, so you have water cooled the chipset. And what exactly is the model of the block you have used?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yep :) i see it about the chinese alternatives.
But it is better to wait on confirm from @teon
And if it really diagonal is 43mm than (and not 41.3 as i calculated) it would be possible to use watercool heatkiller - their minimal distance is 43mm.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yep :) i see it about the chinese alternatives.
But it is better to wait on confirm from @teon
And if it really diagonal is 43mm than (and not 41.3 as i calculated) it would be possible to use watercool heatkiller - their minimal distance is 43mm.
The only problem using a chipset cooler, is that you have to remove the original chipset block that comes with the motherboard. And that area will look naked. And I don't like it.
That is way I had the idea to mill the original block in a certain area, so I can attach a cooler.
But yeah, lets wait for @teon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question? Has anyone been able to run 4000mhz Cl16 2000 fclk stable no Whea warning 19’s in event viewer? If so what’s your secret? I’ve tried everything.

3301 - 3320 of 3431 Posts