Overclock.net banner
3321 - 3340 of 3365 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Question? Has anyone been able to run 4000mhz Cl16 2000 fclk stable no Whea warning 19’s in event viewer? If so what’s your secret? I’ve tried everything.
There is no "secret" you have to be fortunate to have a combination of CPU/Motherboard/RAM/GFX/Other peripherals (in that order of priority regards "effectiveness" combating WHEA 19s) that work well together.

Any one of those pieces of hardware can trigger WHEA 19s.

The only "secret" is putting the hours in to find out if your combination of hardware can do FCLK higher than 1900 without WHEAs which you have already done ....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Up to Bios A80 and still usb problems.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh you guys probably should know this,
We know Flashrom by TheStilt, doesn't function anymore since AGESA 1200
What you can use specifically for MSI ~ is the official AMIFLASH Win

For bios mods or UBU changes ~ use "Do not check ROM ID"
It's an SPI flash , but block by block ~ technically more secure & cleaner than M-Flash

Do not trust "Save" tho
It only exports the bios that is currently loaded and not the whole ROM
Stitching afterwards is required, but to make the life easier ~ this tool functions well from 400 to 500 series MSI boards
Current update finally functions well
I just tried this with a fully UBU updated bios, didn't work.. same result as last few times with using bios flashback feature, which has always worked for me before. Gave that another try now too and same thing, just sits there, stuck on boot error 07

Have you fully updated latest bios and flashed it fine?
Or anyone else for that matter

·
Registered
191 Posts
@Eder new Bios is out ;-) .

·
Registered
105 Posts
AIDA says it's version B at least

·
Registered
112 Posts
Any reason why an nvme self test in bios would take a lot longer on one drive than another even though same size,Make and model?Seems a bit weird.Now on A90 after still having usb issues on A86

·
Registered
558 Posts
Running AA0 since it dropped. No issues so far to be noted. Same same but Patch B instead of A, like the beta pretender.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
No confirmation for the measurement of the chipset holes ?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Running AA0 since it dropped. No issues so far to be noted. Same same but Patch B instead of A, like the beta pretender.
So you could see the differences between A.A0 vs A.A4 ??

·
Registered
112 Posts
On A90 now and usb seems a bit better but getting lots of whea error 20
Just checked it after handbrake keeps failing

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow, big news the CPU VDDP! Thanks for the mod Eder

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Wow, big news the CPU VDDP! Thanks for the mod Eder
Really, CPU VDDP is now visible ?
Yes it is! Time to test if it effects anything

Time to flash

:D

Many thanks @Eder

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Unfortunately the loss in performance when pushing past 1900 FCLK still exists and the "tweaks" that worked with the A.A4 BIOS to get back the performance no longer work with the A.A0 BIOS.

Also no change in WHEA 19s at 4133/2067 and no change with regards to audio anomalies.

Going to play a little more then back to my 24/7 settings .....

** EDIT **
Preliminary testing indicates lowering CCD from previous voltages is assisting sound anomalies, i.e. before I was using 1.050/1.060 (CCD/IOD) now dropped CCD to 1.020 and sound is now behaving even after several reboots, but LatencyMon still cries.

Though dropping CCD may result in some performance loss.

All in all, does not look that this agesa is going to get me running 4133/2067 as 24/7 settings ...

** EDIT 2**
Tweaking PBO, rather than leaving it on "Motherboard" gains back some of the performance when compared to what was occurring with A.A4

Setting "CPU VDDP" to 0.880v now allows 4133/2067 to post without "07" error every time ive rebooted (done around 30 reboots), this is an improvement from when we did not have access to "CPU VDDP", of course needs more thorough testing but looks like a positive result.

Latency seems to be a little worse, I get 51.6 - 51.8 ns with the settings below

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
TM5 completed successfully @4133/2067 with settings that passed on A.A4,

now to the next stability test ....

4133-2067-AA0.png

3321 - 3340 of 3365 Posts