2,009 Posts

·
Gaming Overclocker
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
1440A Madness :)
Just bought one from amazon.co.uk for £375. :specool:
MEG ACE :cool:

I will buy a 10900K or 10900KF and the Intel Tunning Plan.

·
Registered
151 Posts
1440A Madness :)
Just bought one from amazon.co.uk for £375. :specool:
MEG ACE :cool:

I will buy a 10900K or 10900KF and the Intel Tunning Plan.
I have a Unify on the way plus a 10900K waiting. I understand the ACE and Unify PCB/VRM are identical (RGB and an additional LAN port for the ACE), so they should have identical overclocking capabilities.

·
Gaming Overclocker
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Unify on the way plus a 10900K waiting. I understand the ACE and Unify PCB/VRM are identical (RGB and an additional LAN port for the ACE), so they should have identical overclocking capabilities.
Hi, that is correct, they should be almost identical under tge hood, the vrm cooler (plus 40mm fan) as well.
I still have to decide between the 10900K and the 10900KF.
I was hoping to see some better prices but I doubt they'll gonna go any lower than £500 real soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all, interested in this thread. Hi arrow ;)

·
Gaming Overclocker
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice buy Arrow0309! :)

Considering prices, i think that in the Intel Z490 high end motherboards arena's the MEG ACE and Unify are best buys because they have a very good VRM, balanced on-board equipment, good expansions possibilities and last but not least, they are aesthetically pleasing! ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Gaming Overclocker
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice buy Arrow0309! :)

Considering prices, i think that in the Intel Z490 high end motherboards arena's the MEG ACE and Unify are best buys because they have a very good VRM, balanced on-board equipment, good expansions possibilities and last but not least, they are aesthetically pleasing! ;)
Hi Kk
Oh I love the way these two look, especially the ACE.
After the Z390 Ace and the X570 Ace, this one is perfect.
Let alone their price which is way more convenient then the ROG Maximus Z490 series.
Best buy. :D
Not yet, hope to have all by thursday or friday
Then you'll probably start before me, good overclocking! :cool: :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Kk
Oh I love the way these two look, especially the ACE.
After the Z390 Ace and the X570 Ace, this one is perfect.
Let alone their price which is way more convenient then the ROG Maximus Z490 series.
Best buy. :D

Then you'll probably start before me, good overclocking! :cool: :)

Ty :rolleyes:

·
Gaming Overclocker
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MSI MEG Z490 ACE Deep Dive Review! Overclocking, VRM Thermals & TVB (video review from KitGuru):

Nice stuff, the guy doesn't seem 100% convinced but I don't give a damn, I like it

And yeah, Dragon Center comes first, hwinfo64 will have to wait for accurate measures :D

·
Facepalm
8,279 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
MSI MEG Z490 ACE Deep Dive Review! Overclocking, VRM Thermals & TVB (video review from KitGuru):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDeSD_QhHXE&feature=youtu.be

Nice stuff, the guy doesn't seem 100% convinced but I don't give a damn, I like it

And yeah, Dragon Center comes first, hwinfo64 will have to wait for accurate measures /forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
New HWinfo64 beta out. Should report VR VOUT on intersil VR's. At least works on Gigabyte Z490.
Curious to see how the MSI 16 phase VRM compares to Gigabyte. I might pickup a Master in addition to my Unify. How have you liked it? Curious to see if those new Panasonic capacitors do anything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'm not convinced about vrm and power consumption measurement too high values, are they real?

·
Gaming Overclocker
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New HWinfo64 beta out. Should report VR VOUT on intersil VR's. At least works on Gigabyte Z490.
Of course they come out, sooner or later

i'm not convinced about vrm and power consumption measurement too high values, are they real?
Hmmmm, you're talking about those on the video review?
At default, optimised xmp with that newer bios the cpu behave like almost ab OC one, with no power limitations, amp or even tvb limitation.
I don't give a crap about the power consumption anyway.

·
Gaming Overclocker
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Curious to see how the MSI 16 phase VRM compares to Gigabyte. I might pickup a Master in addition to my Unify. How have you liked it? Curious to see if those new Panasonic capacitors do anything.
We'll see :)
My Ace is arriving this Saturday, still don't have the cpu
You sure they're Panasonic?

·
Registered
151 Posts
We'll see /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
My Ace is arriving this Saturday, still don't have the cpu
You sure they're Panasonic?
On the Aorus Master they are Panasonic according to Buildzoid.

·
Gaming Overclocker
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On the Aorus Master they are Panasonic according to Buildzoid.
I see, I thought you were talking about the classic solid black caps but yeah, you're right (just found out of Buildzoid's latest breakdown) those nice and extra poscaps are Panasonic:

https://youtu.be/VnKTFqNYrBo?t=1248

Good job Aorus, the Master was one of my candidates but I ended up, with the MSI this time

However I doubt anyone will easily notice this "better" transient filtering; but for those who bought it why not, it's free on that price zone.
To get them on a MSI you'll have to spend way more and buy the Godlike.

"Nothing is perfect." :)

·
Gaming Overclocker
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 339 Posts