Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Meeeeeeeow!
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like they are carrying the white theme over to another Z170 board and to X99.

https://www.msi.com/news/detail/IHwWSTpitYH3ekXApSbFfvhX8f1dmXdWPJNg5aWKdT-7d8Xl9p_DrmwwUCnsi-R53siWvvSf44fjy3UYkvr09w~~

Quote:
Z170A MPOWER GAMING TITANIUM
The Z170A MPOWER GAMING TITANIUM also features Turbo U.2 onboard, but instead of 1 Turbo M.2 slot, features 2x Turbo M.2 slots with Steel Armor, supporting NVMe SSDs. Using the unique and easy to use M.2 Genie option in Click BIOS 5 to enable RAID 0, this allows the user to reach even more insane SSD speeds. Besides featuring the latest technologies, the Z170A MPOWER GAMING TITANIUM also features a Steel Armor titanium backplate for better board strength while adding to the titanium look & feel.

X99A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM
Besides this totally new design, the X99A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM motherboard also comes packed with several new and unique MSI features such as Mystic Light extension RGB cable and pin header which allows gamers to decorate their gaming rig with additional RGB LED lights while taking control over the colors and LED effects through an easy to use application in the OS or even with a smartphone. Patented Turbo Socket is available with 2036 CPU pins to unlock better CPU and memory overclocking. For a reliable and fast wireless LAN or internet connection, Intel WIFI is included onboard the X99A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM.
Z170A MPower - kind of like a white hybrid between the Z170A XPower and the Asus Z170 Maximus Formula

X99A XPower Titanium

The one thing that I am surprised by is the lack of an Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt controller.

I'm really interested to see the VRM design though on the X99A XPower Titanium.

I'm tempted to buy the X99A XPower Titanium. Hopefully when big Pascal and Vega come out, we see a "white" Lightning GPU for the top tier cards.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
" Patented Turbo Socket is available with 2036 CPU pins to unlock better CPU and memory overclocking. "
NBfrequency or something else?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote:
I'm really interested to see the VRM design though on the X99A XPower Titanium.
I dont think that the vrm design of this board is realy that interesting.
It looks very similar to the Godlike gaming, Xpower and Mpower to me.

So my guess.

12 pwm phases comming from an ISL6388 or something similar.
Which is 6+1 digital controled, pwm, which provides 6 true phases for the cpu.
They double the phases with 6x ISL6617 or something simlar to create 12 pwm phases.
The powerstages containing one highside and one lowside mosfet along with a driver from Fairchild FDMF5823DC.
For the rest Msi 60A Super ferite inductors, Tantalum output caps.
This is pretty much how the cpu vrm on the current X99 godlike gaming is designed.
And i personaly expect that the Xpower titanium will be pretty similar to that.

Memory VR, 2x times Powervation PV3203 2phase digital PWM.
And Fairchild FDMS3668S.

This is my guess about how the vrm design of the X99 Xpower Titanium might be.
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I don't like it

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I like the color, but the I/O needs more USB 3.0 and the word "Titanium" should have been in a standard font instead of Condensed Italic. It makes the board design look unbalanced.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
MSI needs to step up like Gigabyte to have LED light at the back panel I/0. Everytime I try to plug in cables, I have to use the flash light. They also need to have more sata 3 ports and dual lan port.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damtachoa View Post

MSI needs to step up like Gigabyte to have LED light at the back panel I/0. Everytime I try to plug in cables, I have to use the flash light. They also need to have more sata 3 ports and dual lan port.
Exaly funny that you start about io backlighting.
My NZXT Phantom 530 case has io backlighting on its own, which is pretty handy.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
24 Posts
So in comparison between the MSI xpower titanium and mpower titanium, is it a big deal that the xpower has to use a turbo u.2 host card to use a u.2 drive as shown here:

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/TURBO-U.2-HOST-CARD.html#hero-overview

The mpower version has a dedicated u.2 port so doesnt need the host card. I'm really just wondering if the newer mpower board will have some speed advantage, or is difference purely looks (since putting the u.2 adapter in would mean having a cord come out at that spot, so maybe look kind of silly).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.