Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone with the oc edition of the card has been able to perform any voltage tweaks on this card. Another guy from OCN and i have been trying some stuff.

He has the non oc edition and i do, we were going to try and use my bios on his card to essentially make it into an oc editon but lo and behold the bios of the two cards are different in the voltage departments.

My card has a voltage of 1.2v which cannot be increase only decreased to 0.95v but his card can only go as high as 1.15v.

We were just wondering if the cards are totally different in terms of regulators etc.

What do you guys think is the OC edition card totally physically different than the non-oc? (if any one wants a copy of the BIOS just let me know and i'll send it to you)

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amd-dude View Post
We were just wondering if the cards are totally different in terms of regulators etc.

What do you guys think is the OC edition card totally physically different than the non-oc? (if any one wants a copy of the BIOS just let me know and i'll send it to you)
To answer this, NO, the cards are essentially the same but only have different clocks. Their voltages may be different, but that's just something done by MSI and we do not need to care about that(actually it's something like VID for CPU's like when the same CPU's have different stock set voltages).

Quote:

Originally Posted by amd-dude View Post

My card has a voltage of 1.2v which cannot be increase only decreased to 0.95v but his card can only go as high as 1.15v.

That's because you are not changing the POSSIBLE VOLTAGE ENTRIES in the "VOLTAGE TABLE EDITOR". You are just trying to change the voltage on the main screen. This won't work because it will only display the already set modes in the card's bios(which are 2D-0.95V and 3D-1.2V).

To change it follow the following screenshots:

1. Main Screen:

2. Tools -> Voltage Table Editor:

3. Voltage Table Editor (which shows the possible voltages and allows you to set them):

Assign your desired voltage(Don't go overboard with it if you are using the stock cooler). Anything below 1.3V should be fine as long as you can keep the temperatures in control.

Then save the bios to .rom.

And finally flash it with nvFlash or whichever thing you like.

LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy crap thanks man...do u think that increasing the volts would make a difference in stablizing a higher overclock?

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Yes it should definitely do that as long as the temperatures are in control. Remember that it's good to keep your GPU's core temp below 85C.
Also remember that a bios flash would only increase the voltage to the core and not the memory so don't be upset when you are unable to increase the memory clocks beyond what you can achieve at stock voltage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts