Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just recently purchased this board and cpu and everything is set to auto. I was wondering if you could tell me what you have your system running at and what options you changed to get it there? I have my system specs in my profile and I have the cpu watercooled also. I am just unfamiliar with this motherboard and what options I need to change to get the best performance out of my system. Thank you!

P.S. I also have four 2GB sticks total 8GB in my system of Patriot ViperII DDR3 PC3-12800 1600Mhz modules here is a link to the memory... for voltage it shows 1.9v is it safe to have it that high on this mobo?

http://www.patriotmem.com/products/d...&id=840&type=1

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
Hi MajestacaL and welcome to OCN.

Slow down the voltage or ur RAM to 1.65V and test it with memetes86+ and primer95 for check stability with that voltage and speed.

After that go to the BIOS and disable Cool'n'Quite and C1E and star rising the CPU multiplier and testing the rig with prime95 (2 hours), LinX (1 hour) or OCCT (3 hours) for confirm stability. Let me know how this works.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Make sure you are sporting the 1.4 BIOS and newest chipset drivers.

I had my 1090T oc'd to 4.046Ghz with 230 x 17.5 with 1.45v. 3000Mhz CPU-NB with 1.36v. I ran it like this for a week following the arrival of the 1090T, then my board caught on fire (awaiting the replacement from MSI). If you plan to overclock with the Thuban, be careful and watch your '140w cpu ready' heatsink temp.

I had a Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.8Ghz and 1.49v in this board since December and never had a problem, but I think the Thubans are a bit too powerful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK... Here's what I think is the best approach.

AMD gives you an "Unlocked" CPU - many people think immediately to raise the multiplier and raise the clock speed of the cpu. I am currently running my MSI NF980-G65 with AMD 1090t @ 4.00GHZ.

One suggestion, how about LOWERING the multiplier to lets say 15.5x instead of 16x. This way you have more room to raise your FSP and get more juice out of your memory/HT Link....

Raising the clock multiplier is one thing, but you need the memory and HT speed to be increased also or else your system will crash. By lowering the multiplier, you can raise the FSB higher on a decent board, and only up the voltages slightly to achieve a great overclock. Overclocking can be successful by underclocking the cpu and using a good mother board to balance the load.

·
Registered
2 Posts
With the Phenom 1090T, raising the multiplier to 17x or even 18x raises the speeds of your CPU only, if you then try to raise the FSB... it will push the CPU to very high and unstable speeds. Make sure the Turbo Core is disabled in Bios, lower the multiplier and raise your FSB.

I was only able to get to about 212 FSB speed with a core multiplier of 16x or 17x, i lowered to 15.5, raised the FSB to 235! Then kept going from there. It's all a balancing act. I am liquid cooling and even my temps go to 40-44 Celcius, but hold nicely. Only raise voltage when your system becomes unstable - don't shoot for the moon. One step at a time
The AMD 1090T runs about 1.35v on this board, so there isn't much need to raise it past 1.4v.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chamsdaman
View Post

OK... Here's what I think is the best approach.

AMD gives you an "Unlocked" CPU - many people think immediately to raise the multiplier and raise the clock speed of the cpu. I am currently running my MSI NF980-G65 with AMD 1090t @ 4.00GHZ.

One suggestion, how about LOWERING the multiplier to lets say 15.5x instead of 16x. This way you have more room to raise your FSP and get more juice out of your memory/HT Link....

Raising the clock multiplier is one thing, but you need the memory and HT speed to be increased also or else your system will crash. By lowering the multiplier, you can raise the FSB higher on a decent board, and only up the voltages slightly to achieve a great overclock. Overclocking can be successful by underclocking the cpu and using a good mother board to balance the load.

Welcome to OCN.

That's how I achieved my oc. I lowered my multiplier to get the highest base clock possible, then raised my multiplier until it was no longer stable. Then dropped back one step and double checked voltage. Been stable ever since.

Also, go ahead and fill in your rig details- in the control panel under 'add/edit system'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts