Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide... So many options, pro/cons etc. But I can't put my foot down on one of them. I'm going to be running at I5 750 with this setup. Not sure what ram yet. Any idea what would be the best bet for what I do. I'm a hardcore gamer and overclocker looking for speed and reliability.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Care to elaborate on that decision other than the majority of the community most likely saying the same.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Both of the boards are very good, you won't notice a difference when overclocking between the two, that said Evga's warranty is longer than MSI's IIRC not to mention Evga have the best customer service around.

I'd probably go for the one that cheapest.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
I've only used the P55 FTW, so I'm kind of biased. I actually like that mb a lot, and really am sad that I let it go. The MSI has pretty much similar features, but I'm very fond of EVGA's customer service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
good luck with your gd80, Ive read across a few forums that there is issues with brands of RAM and mounting certain heatsinks...the gd80 was also a prime choice of mine and i may consider getting one in the near future just to see if all these accusations are true?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good. I plan on selling my CM V8 for a H50 possibly. Anyone suggest that? Or is the difference not that big? I'm using a additional fan on my V8 right now. Cools an extra 5-7C.

·
Looking Ahead
13,043 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stat1kirl
View Post

Sounds good. I plan on selling my CM V8 for a H50 possibly. Anyone suggest that? Or is the difference not that big? I'm using a additional fan on my V8 right now. Cools an extra 5-7C.

The Corsair H50 is better, and also a lot more quiet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts