Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this motherboard support 8x sli, crossfire or full x16?

MSI P55A Fuzion LGA 1156 Intel P55
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130296

I have been doing some research and I have not been able to find the answer to this question. Even in newegg's specifications on the motherboard. And on MSI's website. I am pairing this with a GTX 480 so if I go sli later on down the road the 8x lanes will be a performance hindrance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I though all LGA 1156 Mobo supported 8x lanes only. But I found some LGA 1156 Motherboards on newegg that supported full x16 lanes. So that is why I am asking.

·
lAptOp jUnKie
4,632 Posts
This mobo supports Crossfire only and pci-e configuration is 16x+16x. See SPECS
You can run dual GTX 480's but it will be supported by the Lucid Hydra chip which will not be as powerful as a SLI configuration (technology is still being tweaked).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by drBlahMan View Post
This mobo supports Crossfire only and pci-e configuration is 16x+16x. See SPECS
You can run dual GTX 480's but it will be supported by the Lucid Hydra chip which will not be as powerful as a SLI configuration (technology is still being tweaked).
Sorry to high jack this post, do you know if you can use a sli or crossfire bridge when running 2 nvidia or ati cards to get true sli or crossfire or r u stuck with using the lucid...

·
lAptOp jUnKie
4,632 Posts
The mobo is Xfire compliant only so you do not have to use Lucid Hydra to run dual ATI/AMD gpu's. However, you have to use Lucid Hydra app to run SLI (no bridge required).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts