Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where I'm from, price difference is about 40 euros ($51 or something like that), and so far I'm leaning towards the msi one 'cause I won't even use crossfirex on asus. Rest of the pc would probably be something like this:
CPU: Intel i5 2500K
RAM: 2x2GB Exceleram Rippler 1600MHz
GPU: GTX 570
Case: CM 690 II
PSU: Chieftec CFT 650W/700W
I just can't justify paying $50+ more for something almost the same that would probably make no difference on final performance of the pc.

Also, one more thing... do SB processors come with the same small stock coolers like on 1156?

·
Banned
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webstar;11955063
Also, one more thing... do SB processors come with the same small stock coolers like on 1156?
Yes.

I think you're better off going MSI if you're not going to Crossfire. You also have to ask yourself if you need eSATA because the MSI does not have that option.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzO;11955230
Yes.

I think you're better off going MSI if you're not going to Crossfire. You also have to ask yourself if you need eSATA because the MSI does not have that option.
I won't use eSATA either. As for the cooler, I've seen on guru3d review that they were using new tower cooler... Everybody says different things. Guess I'll just have to wait for my cpu to arrive, and see for myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts