Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one is better for i5 2500k ?
Or if anyone can post something better for the same price, then please post it ?

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I have the MSI P67A-GD55 and so far the board has been great. It's got a ton of great features, it overclocks very well.

I cannot say a bad thing about it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket View Post

Gigabyte p67a ud4 is better than all those for the same price.
Msi sucks at oc.
Blasphemy! I love my board and Have never had any problems, Overclocking is easy as anything and are very stable. I guess its a personal preference, price and really just what you plan on doing with it.
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Quote:

Msi sucks at oc.
It sucks at benchmarking, the typical overclocker won't have any problems on an MSI board. I vote P8P67 if I have to choose between these 3.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Most of the people would stay away from MSI,
asus,gigabyte,asrock makes better boards,
in my country MSI has a series of horrible report,so almost no MSI in my country,strictly avoid this brand.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Quote:

Most of the people would stay away from MSI,
asus,gigabyte,asrock makes better boards,
in my country MSI has a series of horrible report,so almost no MSI in my country,strictly avoid this brand.
Their AMD boards suck. MSI's Intel boards are pretty much the same as any other board in their price range.

·
Premium Member
6,198 Posts
Quote:

Msi sucks at oc.
the msi gd-65 holds top results on a few testing/benchmarking sites. please dont debate this. i have 2 sites i can pull up. disagree if you like. dont call me a liar. i didnt write the reviews or tests results.
asus boards have plenty of guides , tuts , help in this forum and almost every other oc site. a LOT of people use these boards.
asrock uses roughly 90%( i believe thats the right number) identical components that asus uses. they share the same foundries. roughly the same amount of people use these as do asus from what ive read.

personally if my evo would not have been on sale at $170 minus a $20 rebate, and frys sold asrock, i would have bought one
Quote:
Originally Posted by B!0HaZard View Post

Their AMD boards suck. MSI's Intel boards are pretty much the same as any other board in their price range.
remember, a lot of amd users dont travel far from the amd side of the forums.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc-illiterate View Post

the msi gd-65 holds top results on a few testing/benchmarking sites. please dont debate this. i have 2 sites i can pull up. disagree if you like. dont call me a liar. i didnt write the reviews or tests results.
asus boards have plenty of guides , tuts , help in this forum and almost every other oc site. a LOT of people use these boards.
asrock uses roughly 90%( i believe thats the right number) identical components that asus uses. they share the same foundries. roughly the same amount of people use these as do asus from what ive read.
personally if my evo would not have been on sale at $170 minus a $20 rebate, and frys sold asrock, i would have bought one

remember, a lot of amd users dont travel far from the amd side of the forums.
I know and that's why I tell them so they'll know next time and not just post an opinion they picked up when they read on the AMD forum while looking for an OC guide.

My i5 2500K does 5.2 GHz on my MSI board and I wrote a guide for overclocking. I'd still recommend ASUS for their offset Vcore and working LLC (LLC is broken on the P67 MSI boards).

• Rep+
Reactions: pc-illiterate

·
Premium Member
6,198 Posts
how much do you want to spend ?
thats all it boils down to. remember, a board with sli/xfire capabilities just makes things so much better down the road for upgrades. it also doesnt add that much to the cost.
and all 3 boards you listed will sli/xfire

i had an msi gd65. returned it for an asus evo.
go with the pro if you expect to find fast easy help.

buy the either of the msi ( price for features is what matters in their prices) either will be fine and you can drive biohazard up the wall for help!

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post

The ASUS P8P67 PRO is almost considered a legendary board for Sandybridge. MSI... ? Meh...
your an ASUS shill, you can go in every thread where i recommend GB and say the same, but i can go in every thread you say go ASUS and I will have posted 100X more than you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts