Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plain and simple. I just bought a 2500K. And as of this moment I have an ASUS P8P67 Pro Mobo I bought with it as a combo deal at MicroCenter. However, I want to make sure I have the best motherboard and yet stay realistic. I am going to OC the CPU to 4+ Ghz. And of course I don't want my system to be bottle necked when I finish building it.

And I have looked at reviews for both, but nothing I found compared those two. Or whether the ASUS Deluxe was really worth it for the extra phase it had for overclocking. Oh, I also plan on an SSD plus two 1TB drives.

So, MSI P67A-GD65 or ASUS P8P67 Pro? Or if you insist ASUS Deluxe or another similar priced board.

·
Premium Member
10,859 Posts
If you're going to use 5 or less SATA ports, the Biostar TP67XE is where it's at (and only $134.99!) Out of those two boards I would go with the Asus because it has more SATA ports, and MSI boards are usually pretty trash from my experience.

·
RTX Sight Unseen
2,373 Posts
I have seen the best reviews from the UD models. For the build I am doing for a friends gaming rig, I went with the UD4 and the 2600k

·
Banned
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tconroy135;11953283
I have seen the best reviews from the UD models. For the build I am doing for a friends gaming rig, I went with the UD4 and the 2600k
You might want to say Gigabyte because not everyone knows what the hell you're talking about when you say "UD models".

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
I was trying to decide between the P8p67 pro and vanilla models today. I really wanted the biostar, but MC didn't have one. I had the pro in my hand and the vanilla, the pro didn't seem like it was worth the extra $40 over the vanilla.

After taking it home along with the 2500k, i've pretty much been able to bench it up to around 5.3ghz. My max validation was 5.35ghz.

I don't think any motherboard is really going to hold a cpu back. After flashing the bios, it even allows for 2400mhz ram. The new bios is a gimmick. I never use the mouse, the arrow keys come much more naturally.

I think it really comes down to the features, which set the motherboards apart.

I also tried using the BT go thing, to see if i can overclock it with my phone, but it didn't work. All the software was really buggy and kept crashing on me.

·
Premium Member
10,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecdm;11955343
I was trying to decide between the P8p67 pro and vanilla models today. I really wanted the biostar, but MC didn't have one. I had the pro in my hand and the vanilla, the pro didn't seem like it was worth the extra $40 over the vanilla.

After taking it home along with the 2500k, i've pretty much been able to bench it up to around 5.3ghz. My max validation was 5.35ghz.

I don't think any motherboard is really going to hold a cpu back. After flashing the bios, it even allows for 2400mhz ram. The new bios is a gimmick. I never use the mouse, the arrow keys come much more naturally.

I think it really comes down to the features, which set the motherboards apart.

I also tried using the BT go thing, to see if i can overclock it with my phone, but it didn't work. All the software was really buggy and kept crashing on me.
The motherboard won't hold the OC back per se, but a good bios will help. That is something MSI was never able to provide in my experiences.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamin3;11956129
The motherboard won't hold the OC back per se, but a good bios will help. That is something MSI was never able to provide in my experiences.
MSI Bios really that bad? I've never had experience with MSI before but just wondering.

·
lAptOp jUnKie
4,637 Posts

·
lAptOp jUnKie
4,637 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoddimusPrime
View Post

Thanks! I will be smoking this over once I get home from work today.

no prob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts