Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I already posted in the intel motherboards forum but realized that Air Cooling is probably a better place)

I would like to add some cooling to the VRMs of my new MSI X58M mobo, which doesn't come with any heatsink or cooling for that area.

If I got something like this, would the VRMs be cooled well enough to overclock to a higher degree?

If someone knows of a 1-piece aftermarket heatsink solution compatible with that mobo i'd like to hear about it.

Also, as far as attaching something like the Enzotech heatsinks, i've heard of people mixing super glue and thermal paste to use as a removable thermal adhesive, but what's the ratio? (Super glue has no shear strength so you just twist the heatsink to remove it)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Like this?

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thhrmoco1.html

Thermalright makes all kinds of these things, you just need to find the right one for your board. As far as Ive heard this one will work with x58 but dont quote me on that, Im not 100% sure it will fit.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It won't fit, i'm 100% sure. The mounting holes are the wrong orientation compared to other motherboards. The thermalright compatibility chart also says it's not.

I suppose I could get a copper mosfet heatsink like this and glue it down, rather than using the bolt-thru fastening (since the holes are wrong)

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cathode
View Post

It won't fit, i'm 100% sure. The mounting holes are the wrong orientation compared to other motherboards. The thermalright compatibility chart also says it's not.

I suppose I could get a copper mosfet heatsink like this and glue it down, rather than using the bolt-thru fastening (since the holes are wrong)

Those cheap mosfet coolers will be well..Cheap..Maybe you can find someone who makes one that will fit, or find someone who can make one custom for a price.

·
Registered
139 Posts
There were a few that fit this X58M, but I can't remember which ones. Look up info on replacements mosfet sinks for the MSI X58 Pro/Pro-E and you'll find which ones will fit for the X58M as they have the exact same mounting/bolting orientation.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you used the little heatsinks (they are so cute
) it would work, as long as you have good air circulation in the case

·
Registered
52 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MyLeftNut
View Post

There were a few that fit this X58M, but I can't remember which ones. Look up info on replacements mosfet sinks for the MSI X58 Pro/Pro-E and you'll find which ones will fit for the X58M as they have the exact same mounting/bolting orientation.

Hi!
I am not having luck finding this. Any help appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MyLeftNut
View Post

BUMP
Any help greatly appreciated in finding these!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts