Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my friend just built his first PC and he's having an issue. Thought I'd post it here because I have no idea.

Apparently, the system boots just fine and he was able to install Windows, but when he tries to get into the BIOS, this happens:

"This bin file is incorrect"

He's also having trouble with his video card. He gets a "no signal" message on his monitor, so he's using the onboard video for now. The fans come on, but it doesn't seem to work and it's not listed in Device Manager.

Here are his specs:

CPU: i5 4670k
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41
RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X (2x8gb)
Video Card: Sapphire 7870 "Ghz Edition"
Hard Drive: 1TB Caviar Blue
PSU: Corsair TX650M

I picked out all the parts for him so I feel pretty bad about the strange BIOS problem. The only thing I could think of was to reseat the RAM, and that's just a guess. Any ideas? Is there a way to flash a new BIOS if the current one looks...like this?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the video card issue was unrelated. Turns out he only plugged in one power cable when the card required two.

The BIOS issue still exists, but he says it's not a huge issue for him since he's never had to enter the BIOS before...I would try contacting MSI, especially since you have two boards with the same issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
im sorry to hear bro,

the best soulution i can give you since I also experienced thesame issue (its not a problem ) is you need to have a vga cable plugged in from your cpu to the led tv. the same time with your hdmi cable..
if i need to make changes with the bios i just switch the tv to vga mode and that will do the magic ( i hope your display supports my fix) you dont need to unplug it. your 270x will detect that your using multi display. so you can access both vga and hdmi at a time. i hope it helps you dude give me a feedback

im assuming your friend is using an LED TV as a display because thats the common culprit

-David Gilinsky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.