Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
The Jonas Brothers are known for a lot of things. Their music, their looks, their massive following, etc. But we had no idea they had the chops to redesign the Internet!

AOL CEO Tim Armstrong thinks they're among the "most creative people on the planet" (the planet!) and wants them to help AOL "redesign the Internet." (Sorry, we can't help repeating that phrase. It says so much in so few words.)
Source

This is good, because AOL hasn't quite failed enough in the last 10 years.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Worst. Partnership. Ever.

·
Administrator
64,325 Posts
This thread just made me laugh so loud..Jonas brothers being the most creative people on the planet ? You would think a guy from AOL an INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER would have come across more content and better content than the Jonas brothers. Evidently not LOL.

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
this is pointless...

AOL is so bad. i don't know anyone who uses it.

And the Jonas Brothers... they are just a rip off of the British Pop Band Busted.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
From what the article says it sounds like they want to design web pages, not "redesign the internet". It also sounds like they want to do it like an overloaded MySpace page with tons of kitty pictures, gifs, and hard to read color schemes. Wow. Nice one AOL. I expected this from a few mentally challenged kids but somebody who once ran a successful ISP?

·
Registered
490 Posts
AOL and jonas brothers are bad enough on their own lol

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
With all the teenyboppers and kids attracted to popular artists targeted toward that age group, it's only a matter of time before some group exploits it and finds a way to make it the exact opposite of what the work was meant for.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordikon View Post
Source

This is good, because AOL hasn't quite failed enough in the last 10 years.
However, the Jonas Brothers fail has more than compensated.

·
15,777 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Wow. I got my post deleted for an "inb4", and the mods advocate picspam. That's dick.

What? Senior rep recipients get special privileges? There's something rotten in Denmark.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Mule View Post
Worst. Partnership. Ever.
AOL is famous for crappy partnerships. I think they want to continue the legacy.

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by zorpnic View Post
Wow. I got my post deleted for an "inb4", and the mods advocate picspam. That's dick.

What? Senior rep recipients get special privileges? There's something rotten in Denmark.
OCN servers in Canada, not Denmark. Geez.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts