Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just built up this new rig for a buddy and trying to OC it for him. In the BIOS, I drop the multi (Hammer Fid) to 8 or 9 but when I get into Windows and load CPUZ, it says that the multi is still at 10. I can use Crystal CPUID to change the multi and it registers with CPUZ but I just can't change it in the BIOS. What's the deal? Do I need to flash the BIOS or something? I've only been able to OC by increasing the fsb, but I really want to be able to determine the individual maxes of the components.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I cannot access the manual for your board...so what is your coolnquiet set to? It should be disabled.

The bios history for your board does not mention any issues with FID settings not applying after reboot.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't disable Cool'n'Quiet thinking that it might be more beneficial to save electricity for my buddy, but could this be the culprit? Why would having it enabled prevent me from lowering the multi? I'll give this a shot when I get home from work today.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
yeah you'll want to disable cool and quiet if you're OC'in... as cool and quiet will try to mess w/ your settings

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
CoolnQuiet is good for a computer that is constantly on and not always used. If he turns it on and off based on use, there won't be much if any power savings.

Disabling it will clear up any issues with overclocking as well.

I'm hoping disabling it helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts