Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to folding and I see a million posts about "Is this PPD seem right?" but I think I'm having a problem.

I have two 4890's running but they only ever reach 65% load. If only one is running I get 92 to 100% load. Also my x4 has all the cores running around 65% load. Seems high from what I was expecting for a "small" CPU load for GPU folding. Also if I turn on the -SMP for the CPU it seems very bogged down and the GPU load goes down even further. Don't know if I am doing something wrong here but I followed the guides here.

The 2 GPU are getting about 4k PPD together, the CPU is a Athlon II X4 620 running at 3.2ish.

Anyone run across a problem like this or is it normal?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! This actually worked perfectly for me, both cards hit 95 to 100 load now and CPU loads dropped by half. 800 PPD increase according to FahMon. Everything you could ask for! +rep

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
You should be using the -smp 3 flag on the CPU. 1 core should be enough for 2 GPUs

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The enviromental variable flags that the link shows did the trick for me, now my CPU is reading 10% - 20% across 3 cores and 70%ish on the fourth and both GPU's stick 95%+. I will try the smp 3 flag for the CPU since that production seem ridiculously small 138PPD. My dual core Pentium D sees better. Needs some adjusting somewhere but that is half the fun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts