Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the more efficient multiplier for 2.7Ghz on an AMD64 3800+ venice performance wise and explain the reasons why? Sorry bit new to overclocking.<br />
<br />
10x 270 HT*4 or 11x 246 HT*4

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
The higher the FSB speed, the faster the computer. You want more bandwidth. If you can get the same overclock with a higher bus and a lower multi, it's better to keep that one. <br />
<br />
300x10 is better then 273x11

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
ecspecially if your ram can oc to run 1/1 at the higher fsb speed then thats very good

·
Premium Member
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i can't seem to do 10x 270 due to the fact i use Corsair Value, in order to run it i have to set a 1/3 divider of 266Mhz. So i suppose 11x246 is better in my situation. God i wish i bought better ram now. heh

·
Premium Member
5,141 Posts
There are many ways to make the AMD's run quickly and it is about balance, BW is one thing but CPU speed is the king... still find out where each of the key components can get to and then balance them together. Mem dividier of 1:1 maynot always be the best, afterall 1:1 is still a divider.<br />
<br />
Work <a href="http://www.overclock.net/faqs/31782-how-find-limits-my-cpu-memory.html" target="_blank">through this </a>to help you further.<br />
<br />
GL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts