Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first home. Never been too interested in surround sound or anything, but upon my travels I've seen the sockets you can get that'll let you sink the wires in to the wall and plaster over them. Perfect! Anyway, that's irrelevant. After looking in to that, I figured it'd be pretty amazing if you could get a receiver that'd do multiroom audio.
I've never been in to audio (due to living at the parents house), so for all I know this might be possible with normal receivers...

Plan is to have smart lights throughout the house, a few Amazon Echos throughout to control it all, so something that'd work with Echo. If I could set up a receiver with the rest of the network stuff, then run audio cables throughout the house with some speakers in the ceiling, that'd be pretty amazing. I'm going to plaster every room, so it'd be the best time to do it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There's a tiny bedroom towards the front of the house. Plan is to have all my network stuff in there. Server, CCTV, modem etc.... Going to wire the house up with Cat6A cables. But yeah, if I could wire up some speakers with an audio receiver in that room, that'd be pretty good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts