1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Blue.

green is there bottom line
blue there middle line
Black top of the line.

depending on your use, blue can get some good speeds.
mine runs at the advertised 2-3-3-6, and since Im running under 200mhz fsb I could actualy probably tighten those timings up.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I do believe Ultra is a brand.

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also, would it be better to get 2x256 of blue or 2x512 of green for the same price?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
thats realy going to depend on what you want to do.
green is ment to be a good stable & reliable everyday ram
blue will do light oc'ing well and be stable & reliable
If you want to do heavy oc'ing Id recomend black

all in all its a decision on your part as to what you want to do with the system.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Depends on the application. You can survive pretty well on 512MB, especially with some Windows tweaks to keep memory usage down, and the higher rated line will probably be faster (tighter timings) and/or overclock more. But 1GB of RAM is almost the minimum for the average gaming machine these days.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
personaly, the mushkin green has good review, and its 1gig duel channel for a good price.
Id go for it.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

But 1GB of RAM is almost the minimum for the average gaming machine these days.

agree w/ Yiffy on this. I noticed a big dif in games when I upped my ram from 512mb to 1gig the other day.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
thats up to you.
I went with Mushkin due to its recomendation for my MOBO. personaly Im glad I did. I
my Mushkin!

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Depends on the application. You can survive pretty well on 512MB, especially with some Windows tweaks to keep memory usage down, and the higher rated line will probably be faster (tighter timings) and/or overclock more. But 1GB of RAM is almost the minimum for the average gaming machine these days.

memory tweaks? i wanna know aboot these.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Start > run services.msc Look through there (read the descriptions) and diable any services that you don't use (some of them are pretty stupid). Then run msconfig and hit the startup tab and uncheck anything you don't need to run every time the computer starts. Saves a lot on memory useage and processor cycles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts