Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Patriot Memory 120 GB Wildfire

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps it's not a fair comparison, but the price points are very similar. so this is why I"m comparing the two. I picked the 2 fastest drivers from www.cpubenchmark.net and looked them up. for about 50 dollar difference the chronos is twice the capacity and little faster.

so I wanted some opinons on which to get for our work computer to freshen it up.

It's not just about speed, but reliability as well. I hear the new SF-2200 firmware is working well on SSDs that's using it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you're looking for speed and reliability... Corsair Performance Pro 128GB should have better combination of those 2 than the Wildfire 120GB IMO, and is 25$ cheaper at newegg.

Corsair performance pro has a marvell controller which is preferred over the sandforce controllers present in the Wildfire and Chronos, the only thing is that it has a little less speeds than sandforce, but you'll feel no difference in realtime performance at all.

My advice is to go for the CPP, though Patriot Wildfire is a great SSD at the same time.

Lastly here is a nice SSD chart done by a member here on OCN, it may give more choices to choose from.

Good Luck.
thumbsupsmiley.png

1 - 3 of 3 Posts