·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
You'll need a new motherboard
Plus it won't run dual channel

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,943 Posts
It's not compatible with the EP45-UD3L because it's a dual channel DDR2 board.

Plus, do you really need 12 GB? Is 4 GB holding you back that much?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh yes, I just realized this... :/ Hrmmm, for some reason I thought my motherboard supported DDR3..

OK, so if I upgrade my motherboard and my memory would I see an increase in performance by 2x? 3x? When opening up large images in Photoshop for example.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by revlimiter;13058612
Ahh yes, I just realized this... :/ Hrmmm, for some reason I thought my motherboard supported DDR3..

OK, so if I upgrade my motherboard and my memory would I see an increase in performance by 2x? 3x? When opening up large images in Photoshop for example.
For that, I believe a faster drive would be in order - but I'm not entirely sure. It just sounds like opening a large image needs faster read times from the hard drive.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, yeah good point.

Just out of curiosity.. for gaming does the memory you install onto the motherboard even really matter much anymore? Or does the GPU handle seem to handle that now with the super fast onboard DDR5 memory these days?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by revlimiter;13058631
Hmmm, yeah good point.

Just out of curiosity.. for gaming does the memory you install onto the motherboard even really matter much anymore? Or does the GPU handle seem to handle that now with the super fast onboard DDR5 memory these days?
It might still matter. I just opened Crysis 2 and it added 1.2 GB to what I was using before.

However, then I opened the very first Crysis, and it only added about 1.0 GB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts