Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,173 Posts
Mushkin is awesome. We also have a Mushkin rep here who's really great. Definitely a solid manufacturer
smile.gif

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
they used to be king of DDR2 memory i bet their still just as good. they just disappered for a bit. if the deal is good go for it.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
They seem pretty legit and even have a rep here. They were quick to respond to my inquiry. I haven't heard anything bad about them. I was going to grab one of their products, but they no longer shipped it w/ the casing I wanted
tongue.gif

·
Banned
11,409 Posts
I ordered some RAM from them that you can't even find through retail outlets. It was at my door in 3 days from Texas. Mushkin hand bins all of their RAM before it goes on the shelf. One of the best RAM brands out there. I'd even consider buying Mushkin over Corsair if the price is right.

·
SpaceStationGaming
9,430 Posts
Mushkin is very respectable! If I remember they as well have a Lifetime Warranty just like the other two brands you listed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmasherBasher View Post

I ordered some RAM from them that you can't even find through retail outlets. It was at my door in 3 days from Texas. Mushkin hand bins all of their RAM before it goes on the shelf. One of the best RAM brands out there. I'd even consider buying Mushkin over Corsair if the price is right.
A bit off topic, but what are the advantages of RAM being hand binned?

·
Linux Lobbyist
2,040 Posts
I've not heard bad things about Mushkin SSD's. Actually, I don't think I've heard much negative talk of Mushkin, ever - that said, I've never personally used any of their products, but given their track record from what I've seen, I may give them a go when I go IB-E later this year
thumb.gif

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mushkin > All, Purely opinion based, but I've owned Dominators, GT's, Vengeance, XMS3, Ripjaws, X's, Tracers, OCZ Golds, XMS2's, Blacklines, Redlines, Radioactives, and Ridgebacks.

If you want Strict timings that are competitive go with Normal 1600 Cas 9 Blacklines, Most likely you're going to get Cas 7 out of them. If you want Low Timings + High speeds + High OC rates, go with Ridgebacks, they're expensive but SO WORTH IT! Price to Performance nothing beats it when you add reliability/quality to the mix!

Nick

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
well I decided to go with Mushkin for RAM, and I'm not disappointed. They can easily do what they say it can with much lower voltage.

·
Premium Member
2,883 Posts
I have to agree with all the comments here.I have owned many different brands of memory and the few sets of Mushkins I have owned work flawlessly.Great ram and not bad pricing.I can not help on any of their non ram products but their ram is good.I would like to pick up some Ridgebacks one of these days to play with a bit.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Well, I can vouch for some Mushkin RAM.
If you're going to be overclocking; go for the Blackline series and above as they offer a lot of promise for not a lot of money. If you're going for something to just sit there and not ever want to worry. the 4 x 4GB kit of 1333 Silverline I have is a beaut. I even run it around the 1400 mark at times.

For 'higer' OC'ing purposes, I have a 8GB 1600 Blackline Kit that hits, holds and doesn't fuss about 1750 clocks. Allbeit I can't push too much due to the 790FX board it's definately solid on all grounds.

The Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD is great too, besides me bodging trying to get AHCI working and other features. None RAID managed to hit 7.6 on the Window Performance Index too.

Anyway, as said, you're buying into good hands when you buy Mushkin. If you're ever worried seek out the Rep here, I'm pretty sure he/she (not sure which, don't smite me) wouldn't turn down a future Mushkin user.
thumb.gif

Note: I'm from the UK, Aria have been a godsend to me with Mushkin <3

·
Registered
886 Posts
I also advocate Mushkin. Used it in a build for someone else. Very good products.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts