Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
4,521 Posts
i dont like the silver clips, makes them look cheap imho....

·
Registered
268 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan33p
View Post

How sexy are the Mushkin Redlines on an AM3 platform?

I'm looking at these red devils and curious on other peoples oppinions.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-120-_-Product

This kit works very well on Intel 1156.
On AM3 it works best on the 1:3.33 memory multiplier, the 1:4 memory multiplier tends to have issues with this kit.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
if u can count in ms then u might noticed a difference in speed.

how far are u going to take it in terms of overclock?

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MushkinSean
View Post

On AM3 it works best on the 1:3.33 memory multiplier, the 1:4 memory multiplier tends to have issues with this kit.

What IC's are these using nick?

·
Master of Black Snow
19,338 Posts
Meh. It's just RAM...

...okay well they SHOULD be fine. Mushkin makes solid RAM.

Ummm I looked your board up and unfortunately Newegg didn't have more than this...

"Memory Standard DDR3 2133 OC" listed for RAM specs. Now I'm not 100% sure but is your MoBo backward compatible for RAM? Do you know the actual chip specs or is this what you have in your manual too?

I'm hoping this to be the case that it is indeed compatible with your system. Would hate to see anyone waste time waiting around only to get epic blocked.
~Ceadder

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MushkinSean View Post
It's about the CPU and not the RAM. Early C2 Revision AMD CPU's do not like the 1:4 Divider (DDR3 1600mhz) while the C3 Revision CPU's ship with a better IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) that is much more stable with 1:4 and higher dividers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by el gappo View Post
What IC's are these using nick?
I think these are the Elipda Hypers.

The XP's and Black's used Micron D9's. While the Redline 2x1GB were Hyper's.

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post

I think these are the Elipda Hypers.

The XP's and Black's used Micron D9's. While the Redline 2x1GB were Hyper's.
I was thinking maybe well binned bbse because of the ridiculously low price in comparison to other hypers

Would love to do a comparison vs the dominators
Not seen them properly overclocked on amd yet, would be really interesting from a pricepoint view if they work well and I would look a fool wasting £400 on corsair sticks lol

In regards to the divider issue, I have noted complaints about it but recently have been testing myself and with the dominators at least I'm finding the 1:4 is giving me the most headroom. This cpu in particular has a very weak imc and northbridge compared to the likes of my c2 sempron
But I can't complain. Piccies below. I think it's a board specific issue tbh, mainly the fxta :/

On the setup in my sig rig

Some 1m.

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by el gappo View Post
I was thinking maybe well binned bbse because of the ridiculously low price in comparison to other hypers

Would love to do a comparison vs the dominators
Not seen them properly overclocked on amd yet, would be really interesting from a pricepoint view if they work well and I would look a fool wasting £400 on corsair sticks lol

In regards to the divider issue, I have noted complaints about it but recently have been testing myself and with the dominators at least I'm finding the 1:4 is giving me the most headroom. This cpu in particular has a very weak imc and northbridge compared to the likes of my c2 sempron
But I can't complain. Piccies below.

Some 1m.

Mushkin's always offered really good RAM at a lower price, compared to others.

Though, I'd definitely like to see it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts