Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the best Music downloading program available..

Any suggestions / experiences?

(I would like to stay Virus-less so no Kazza or eMule for me
)

·
Goodbye
10,269 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalKenny
View Post

We can only recommend you programs that charge a monthly fee or charger per song.

If you're looking to pirate music, take it to another forum.

This.

Sorry, we don't discuss piracy here.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I dunno if you've heard of the rules but we do not discuss this here. Only legal ways where you actually buy to download.
iTunes is another

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Since we can't discuss ignore the pretty pictures below. But seriously use a paid service as suggested it is both legal and less likely to infect you with a virus.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Normally if this was a 1Postcount tool they'd be a [somewhat justified] torrent of abuse(geddit?). But since you're not I'll try to be constructive.

Music downloading software......for the most part you'll have to pay, either per song or monthly fees, as posted above. But you can get free music legally if you know where to look.

Like, say.. HERE: http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/08...al-mp3s-music/

I don't think there's anywhere you can get a program that will have an iTunes-esque library of free music, but if you look around there's sites that do host unprotected (legal) material for download. Mostly from new bands, and live music.

My memory's hazy, but I think a lot of live recordings aren't protected and are available somewhere.

If you're after music everyone knows about: you'll probably have to pay for it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I do believe it is perfectly legal for me to make this recommendation (as it is location specific).

Most universities now have their own networks called Dtella running through DC++. If you're at almost any school, find kids who you think would know about it and ask about dtella. The network here has any music I have ever wanted, as well as all games and movies. I get transfer speeds of about 20 Mbps as well.

I believe it is perfectly legal as well, as it is a local file sharing network.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grahamcrackuh
View Post

I do believe it is perfectly legal for me to make this recommendation (as it is location specific).

Most universities now have their own networks called Dtella running through DC++. If you're at almost any school, find kids who you think would know about it and ask about dtella. The network here has any music I have ever wanted, as well as all games and movies. I get transfer speeds of about 20 Mbps as well.

I believe it is perfectly legal as well, as it is a local file sharing network.

Sorry but I am 100% certain you are wrong. File sharing is legal. The sharing of someone else's copyrighted material is not legal. In the old days photocopying printed material did have an exception, for educational or research. That does not extend to digital information in almost all cases.

Long and short file sharing is an application and is legal. How it is used is what may or may not be legal. Whether local or not it is what is being done that is illegal.

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asus Mobile
View Post

Since we can't discuss ignore the pretty pictures below. But seriously use a paid service as suggested it is both legal and less likely to infect you with a virus.

Class act sir

By the way guys. Acquiring copyrighted material without paying the copyright holder or getting permission is completely ILLEGAL. It doesn't matter how its done, copying a music CD is illegal (but no-one cares) as is using internet bases services to download or share music etc... which your have not bought yourself.

That univeristy network you are talking about is also 100% illegal.

There is no legal way to get copyrighted material without having to pay for it or asking the holders permission.

Either take your discussion somewhere else or pay the hard working artist what they deserve because without our money, they wouldn't be here writing songs for us to all enjoy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts