Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i'm wondering if it's possible to transfer my music from my Ipod back to my computer, if the music is no longer on my computer?

I formatted my computer without backing up my music so... yeah, there's 30+gb of music i really don't feel like re-downloading.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Check out, Iphone browser.

• Rep+
Reactions: tylerand

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, will do, really hoping this works.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerand View Post
So, i'm wondering if it's possible to transfer my music from my Ipod back to my computer, if the music is no longer on my computer?

I formatted my computer without backing up my music so... yeah, there's 30+gb of music i really don't feel like re-downloading.
Actually... yes!

What you need to do: Enable hidden files and folders in the Control Panel under "Folder Options". There then should be some previously hidden folders on the iPod that you can now see which contain songs and album artwork, among other things. They'll have really random file names, but that doesn't matter; once you put them back into Windows they should correct themselves.

Well, at least that's how it worked on my iPods.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa View Post
Actually... yes!

What you need to do: Enable hidden files and folders in the Control Panel under "Folder Options". There then should be some previously hidden folders on the iPod that you can now see which contain songs and album artwork, among other things. They'll have really random file names, but that doesn't matter; once you put them back into Windows they should correct themselves.

Well, at least that's how it worked on my iPods.
My Ipod doesn't display as a normal drive would in My Computer, is there a way i can access it in a similar fashion?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts