Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well im not sure if im posting this in the right place or not. But I have a friend who recently has gotten into recording her own music and/or covers. She mainly records on her iphone/ipad for the time being. But in her words is looking to do the following " we need to find a way to be able to add audio to my videos. meaning I'll listen to a karaoke track in my ear with an earbud, so i'll record the raw vocals, then go on later and add the same track I was listening to while I was singing, then merge them so they line up"

So my question is, what are ways we can go about this and how is done. Also is this possible using iOS or do you have to use a pc/mac software to do this sort of thing?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not that familiar with music production or any of the softeare that goes along with it. so if you dont mind can you a name of some of software thst does what she is asking?

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Audacity is probably the best free audio recording and editing program you can use. I used to use it to make multitrack practice CDs for an a cappella band I used to have. You will still need decent mics, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts