Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I did a search but couldn't immediately find anything in this forum covering this topic, so I apologize beforehand if it is a repeat. I was also unsuccesful looking on the Microsoft website, so I thought I would ask here.

I recently ripped dozens of CD's using iTunes, and they appear to have a 'M4A' extension. I am able to play them in Windows Media Player 10, however, I am having trouble adding them to my library. I recently upgraded to Windows Media Center edition, and would like to have them appear in that interface.

I understand that WMP won't play any downloaded iTunes protected content, however, since I seem to be able to play the ripped files with WMP, I imagine there is some way to get the library to recognize them.

Any tips?

Thanks!

-LC

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
yes, itunes automatically rips cds into the ACC format, unless you specify otherwise in the options. when i made the switch i imported all my WMA's into ACC. their is a 'consolidate library' option in the options menu. if you do that and then change the whole folder into MP3, with a converter you can find anywhere, try www.snapfiles.com (i wouldnt convert into wma, incase you ever want to use itunes again, then youd have to put it back into ACC, only thing bad about mp3 takes a little more space, but you wont notice). obviously both WMP and ITUNES use mp3's. damn i wish i knew this 1 year ago

• Rep+
Reactions: Lewiscypher

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! I was hoping there was an easy fix like that. I will get to it now. I noticed that I did have it set to ACC encoding. I know I used to have it set to MP3, but must've reinstalled it and forgot to change it!

I appreciate the help!

-LC

p.s. LTJ rocks! Seen em twice!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
no problem, happy a newb like me can help

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
hold on so i have itunes and want to get the songs to wma or mp3. i downloaded the converting thing. waht files do i select to convert in my itunes folder?

·
Registered
421 Posts
err you select the songs you want to convert.. or the entire itunes music library. don't see what the problem is..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by simon741
hold on so i have itunes and want to get the songs to wma or mp3. i downloaded the converting thing. waht files do i select to convert in my itunes folder?
Do you have all your music files in one folder? Or organized into several sub folders?

If it is several sub folders, just make sure the program you got can do that recursively, then just select the top folder and go to work. Also make sure the input/output file types are set.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.