Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'm selling an Opty 165 on another site and the guy wants to pay half first and half later after recieved it. Is there a way for me to have the better end of the deal? I don' trust this so i might cancel the deal

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
screw that man....if it don't feel right..it's probably a scam

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
Cut it in half and tell him that he'll get his 2nd half AFTER you get the 2nd half of the money.

That should be the way to deal with such. Tell him you're not open for lay-aways either.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
I'll send you 1/2 now and the rest in my will!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Wow... Such harsh responses. I'm new here... registered just to check out Mikey's seller rating but I couldn't get access it to anyway (new memeber?).
Anyway... I'm the person he's talking about and I offered him the deal. I respect his choice to say no.
On that note i'd also like say that I have much greater Heatware feedback than does Mikey. Usually I find that people are willing to ship to people first or pay first when the other person had greater heatware feedback. I mostly trade on Anandtech... so maybe that's just the way it goes over there. I took a chance and extended an olive branch to Mike which was offering half now and half after I made sure the processor wasn't DOA. I'm sure you guys didn't mean to insult me personally w/ your remarks... it just annoys me when people make snap judgements w/o hearing all of the facts. Anyway good luck w/ selling your stuff Mikey.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenCow

Wow... Such harsh responses. I'm new here... registered just to check out Mikey's seller rating but I couldn't get access it to anyway (new memeber?).
Anyway... I'm the person he's talking about and I offered him the deal. I respect his choice to say no.
On that note i'd also like say that I have much greater Heatware feedback than does Mikey. Usually I find that people are willing to ship to people first or pay first when the other person had greater heatware feedback. I mostly trade on Anandtech... so maybe that's just the way it goes over there. I took a chance and extended an olive branch to Mike which was offering half now and half after I made sure the processor wasn't DOA. I'm sure you guys didn't mean to insult me personally w/ your remarks... it just annoys me when people make snap judgements w/o hearing all of the facts. Anyway good luck w/ selling your stuff Mikey.

Thats him

Here is my itrader http://www.overclock.net/itrader.php?u=2881

They are in no mean to insult you, they just responding accordingly to whatever they can to help me out. I can asure you that!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenCow

Still can't see it... new member restrictions probably?

click on my itrader at the bottom of the avatar

mabey on the new member part, but i'm not too sure

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
No personal offence was intended, I am sure of that.

In most online transactions, payment is submitted in full before the merchandise is shipped. Personally, I always give a 14-day DOA guarantee, with full refund when the item is returned.

That's my personal policy.

Of course, exceptions can be made, but that's only in cases when I know the buyer beyond any reputation on either eBay, heatware, here on the forum, or anywhere else.

Again, it's nothing personal, but too many scams have been about...

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Welcome to the forum man... we didn't mean to be rude, that's just not how sales work here...
You can trust mikey he's got a good rep and he's a decent OC'r too lol

He's an upstanding member of our community
Do you plan to stick around?

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
But ya, like Chozart said, I do give 7 days against DOA. If you have a DOA, just send it back and i will reimburse you with your shipping fees and full refund

1 - 20 of 26 Posts