Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4Pn1iuD.jpg

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ubisoft-we-want-to-improve-our-relationship-with-pc-gamers/0111333
Quote:
Ubisoft was criticised by PC gamers for controversial 'always-online' anti-piracy protection. But the firm has now stopped the practice and Ubisoft's worldwide Uplay director Stephanie Perotti says it's listening very closely to feedback.

"Announcing all these partners for Uplay and a wider choice of PC games, it shows our commitment to PC, and we want to improve out relationship with the PC community," she told MCV.

"We are always seeking to improve. We took a lot of that feedback on board. With every game on PC we are improving. Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed III on PC were very high quality."
They're trying and that's the important thing: thumb:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Far cry 3 was a very high quality game. I'm looking forward to watchdogs. Ubisoft have always released good games, its their attitude towards gamers that has given them a bad rep. Fix that and people may respect them more.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
I just wish they keep on bringing out good looking titles like FC3. I also wouldn't mind seeing some good new IP instead of just more AC and ghost recon.

So looking forward to Watch dogs and I hope they keep putting out more games like that.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Drop uplay and use steam integration. The majority of PC games want all their games on Steam, and while they offer it, it's annoying to have to launch via steam just to have it open up uplay.

Heck of a lot better than EA that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Darn...and I was just getting to know the former Russian Spetsnaz that came with my Ubisoft game to watch me so I didn't break any ELUAs. Do svidanya my friend.

Ubisoft was going out of their way to make each PC gamer feel as if they were always doing something wrong. So they have a lot of butt kissing to do in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

Drop uplay and use steam integration. The majority of PC games want all their games on Steam, and while they offer it, it's annoying to have to launch via steam just to have it open up uplay.

I agree, it's a really terrible system. The only "3rd party" DRM I've managed to deal with Social Club for Max Payne 3, which aside from the initial activation, it hasn't bothered me yet. Now when I tried to play AC: Revelations on the other hand...issues all over.

Heck, I still refuse to buy Anno 2070 after the stuff they pulled with that game.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
After all the finger-pointing, name-calling, and draconian BS, it's hard to be sympathetic here. The only reason they "want to improve their relationship with PC gamers" is because they finally pulled their head out of their hindquarters long enough to see that people buy games that are actually good. They've started to make some money from solid titles, and now they're feigning this new sentiment to try to cash in further.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Wut Serious Ubi ?

I hate to look like Ubisoft hater, but this statement is pure stupid.

''Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed III on PC were very high quality''

I played FC3 on PC and it was very different from the announcement or advertisement. We should have a video about it already.

AC3 ? Many people still can pass Boston's first mission due to the framerate drops, just go Ubisoft's forum about it. They simply ignored this problem and continued to release DLC for the game which people cant play properly.

Not a correct way to treat customers.

I dont think Ubisoft's perspective is going to change regarding PC and it's gamers. This is a fact. They're just lying to you, like other companies and this will continue. When it's necessary they will do the same thing to console players as well.

We all know what they said before about gamers 'Oi, ya'll piratezzz, go and die' looking comments from them. This will not change.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

Get a grip, Blizzard does not put their games on steam and they are doing fine in pc gamers eyes; if steam integration is whats stopping people from buying ubisoft games its your problem not theirs.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post

Wut Serious Ubi ?

I hate to look like Ubisoft hater, but this statement is pure stupid.

''Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed III on PC were very high quality''

I played FC3 on PC and it was very different from the announcement or advertisement. We should have a video about it already.

AC3 ? Many people still can pass Boston's first mission due to the framerate drops, just go Ubisoft's forum about it. They simply ignored this problem and continued to release DLC for the game which people cant play properly.

Not a correct way to treat customers.

I dont think Ubisoft's perspective is going to change regarding PC and it's gamers. This is a fact. They're just lying to you, like other companies and this will continue. When it's necessary they will do the same thing to console players as well.

We all know what they said before about gamers 'Oi, ya'll piratezzz, go and die' looking comments from them. This will not change.
What was wrong with FC3? Sure it was a little different from the E3 trailer but it was still one of the best looking games to come out unlike a certain game COUGH Colonial marines

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
All this crap about "drop uplay". It's like hearing a broken record. I'd rather have stuff done that actually makes the GAME better.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson View Post

What was wrong with FC3? Sure it was a little different from the E3 trailer but it was still one of the best looking games to come out unlike a certain game COUGH Colonial marines
'A little' is kinda optimist IMHO, if you and other members didnt watch this video (comparison) here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqnAbRpyqfI

Of course it's not bad as A:CM, but still not the one they showed us. You can connect to many reasons current limitations of consoles, or budget or timeline etc. Still, I dont buy their statement, they made too many mistakes in the past, and they 0 credibility for me.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts