Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Left 4 Dead 2

Votes: 57 67.1%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a new game and I'm not sure which one to buy.

Modern Warfare 2 or Left 4 Dead 2?

Help me decide.

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
l4d2, fun co-op games with friends/buddies.

Same goes as above from mw2, maybe not as much but you can go at it by smoothly by yourself as well.

·
Banned
4,703 Posts
Neither! Pick a slightly older game that you never got chance to pick up. Don't support Activision by buying MW2 and don't, well, hang on, I can find no reason NOT to buy L4D2.

Buy L4D2. If those are the options, screw Activision.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by H4rd5tyl3
View Post

Modern Warfare 2. You know L4d2 was a flop when more people play the first one...

...What?

Really though, MW2 for pc has a lot of hackers, and a generally poor community. The game itself is pretty good, it's generic, but it does it well.

L4D2 is a lot of fun if you have plenty of friends on steam who have it too. It's exponentially less fun by yourself but can be a great time with friends. That's not to say you won't meet cool people with the match making, but it's not all that likely.

If it was me, and I had to buy one, it would probably be L4D2.

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts
Such a hard choice. I've played both games, and they're both epic. MW2 has an awesome campaign that you just can't miss, and the multiplayer is better than great. Left 4 Dead 2 builds upon the beastliness of the first one. I'm going to vote for Left 4 Dead 2, but I wish you would just buy both.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mth91
View Post

Such a hard choice. I've played both games, and they're both epic. MW2 has an awesome campaign that you just can't miss, and the multiplayer is better than great. Left 4 Dead 2 builds upon the beastliness of the first one. I'm going to vote for Left 4 Dead 2, but I wish you would just buy both.

I'm sure I will eventually, but I just wanted some some help in deciding which one to buy right now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Left 4 Dead 2 looks like Left 4 Dead with baseball bats and frying pans, no thanks. I wouldn't even consider it an expansion, more like a mappack. MW2 FTW

·
Premium Member
5,410 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperEmo
View Post

Left 4 Dead 2 looks like Left 4 Dead with baseball bats and frying pans, no thanks. I wouldn't even consider it an expansion, more like a mappack. MW2 FTW

You haven't played L4D2 have you?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I thought the first L4D was amazing but its truly only fun when you have some good buddies to play with. MW2 is also a great game and can be enjoyed with both friends and randoms. I have MW2 and L4D and honestly I say both. If you dont have the money right now, flip a coin. Both are great games

·
Registered
82 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JTD92
View Post

You haven't played L4D2 have you?

Gave the demo a shot, didn't enjoy it at all, had more fun shooting zombie's in COD World At War. MW2 for me is awesome, single player was wicked, lots of cinematic moments. Then there's the 23 levels of spec ops, MP with customizable killstreaks, deathstreaks, 3rd person matches which is super addicting.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by H4rd5tyl3 View Post
Modern Warfare 2. You know L4d2 was a flop when more people play the first one...
4k people are currently playing L4D1

18k are playing L4D2.

You fail.

Also don't support Activision and Infinity Ward with all this bull**** they are doing.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts