Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I went to Costco to pick up a Sceptre 22", almost identical specs. I ended up with a Viewsonic for a little more money, but it's awesome.

The X2gen's are not bad monitors at all, but they have a bad rap. Some buyers have experienced backlights burning out prematurely, or dead pixels.

I'd buy it based on specs, it's got all the same specs as my Viewsonic, but the x2gen's contrast ratio is higher!
(which is a good thing for you)

I say buy it and give it a shot! x2gen's customer service is VERY good to deal with.

·
Banned
931 Posts
They are not a bad company. eCost.com sells them a lot. They had the 19" ws version for sale for $129 for a sale a little while back. I don't know if I would spend $270 on that brand, cuz you can get the Westinghouse one from BestBuy on black friday for about $300 and it has a lot better specs and quality then that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
These monitors are pretty terrible. I bought a couple of them from Micro Center and figured "how bad could they be?". Bad. Poor color quality. Awful electronics. Took them back right away, and, luckily, I was given a full refund "only" because it was my first purchase with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts