Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Dang... I forgot to sign up for MWave Club and I can't do it from work.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by h00chi3

Is it possible to run tripple channel ram in a dual channel setup? Can I just get two of those and run on a dual channel board?

Thanks Duck!

Triple/dual channel is a function of the memory controller. As long as the RAM match (or close enough), you can run in dual, triple, or quad channel.

I think there's a misprint in that site. It is a kit of 2x1GB so it actually is a "dual-channel" kit. If you get two kits, you can run 3 of the DIMMs in triple channel.

·
Bacon & Eggs
2,865 Posts
Monday, September 13, 2010 11:14:16 AM (9/13/2010 7:14:16 PM - GMT)

Powered by SightMax.

Welcome to mwave.com, Tanya will be right with you.

Tanya:
hello how can i help you?

Keith:
ok

Keith:
product

Keith:
Avexir AVD3U13330902G-1S

Keith:
is that one stick of ram

Keith:
or is that two in the kit

Tanya:
that is just 1 stick of ram

Keith:
awesome

Keith:
thank you tanya

Tanya:
your welcome

Keith:
have a great day!

Keith:
xoxoxoxox

Visitor Keith has ended the chat.

·
Premium Member
9,987 Posts
Yeah from what the sight is listing it looks like a single stick of ram especially after looking at the package of the one stick followed by the info

Avexir AVD3U13330902G-1S Standard Series 2GB (2GB x1) triple channel 240-pin PC3-10700 DDR3 1333mhz 9-9-9-24 DIMM desktop memory module I did not google the ram to see if it's actually listed differently elsewhere.

This is very cheap ram IMO and that's just what one would get. slow speeds and loose timings. If you need DDR3 ram and not performance ram then this should do it.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I'm weary about this company. Check out their website, www.avexir.com. I tried to submit a support email from their website, and got some weird jibberish message and it wouldn't submit. Might be worth paying the extra $10-15 premium for a reputable brand.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeaceMaker
View Post

I'm weary about this company. Check out their website, www.avexir.com. I tried to submit a support email from their website, and got some weird jibberish message and it wouldn't submit. Might be worth paying the extra $10-15 premium for a reputable brand.

The RAM is fine. Google for forum reviews. It passes MEMTEST and uses Elpidia chips. Looks well built- this isn't 1995. If you don't aggressively overclock and need RAM for testing then this is it. Why pay more?

As for their website the weird jibberish might be an Asian language that your browser doesn't support.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by opensesame
View Post

The RAM is fine. Google for forum reviews. It passes MEMTEST and uses Elpidia chips. Looks well built- this isn't 1995. If you don't aggressively overclock and need RAM for testing then this is it. Why pay more?

As for their website the weird jibberish might be an Asian language that your browser doesn't support.

The issue still stands, if you have an issue with these ram (this is 2010, thanks!), you will have to ship to Taiwan. That's food for thought. I didn't OC my Crucial Ballistix Tracers but I had serious issues w/ them and had to RMA... just one example.

·
Bacon & Eggs
2,865 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeaceMaker
View Post

The issue still stands, if you have an issue with these ram (this is 2010, thanks!), you will have to ship to Taiwan. That's food for thought. I didn't OC my Crucial Ballistix Tracers but I had serious issues w/ them and had to RMA... just one example.

For 53 bucks for 4 gigs of DDR3, I won't RMA, I will go recycle, and get some more.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by h00chi3
View Post

For 53 bucks for 4 gigs of DDR3, I won't RMA, I will go recycle, and get some more.

To each his own. Not sure where you got $53 bucks from @ $30 each?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts